X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now the critics please!

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
    Interesting!

A whole new website overnight, more conforming to given protocols and standards. Fully functional, well-crafted Flash visuals, and without any ethical glitches, too.

Why, then, all the controversy?? No need to respond to that (or anything else, for that matter) .... enjoy your 'independence' and creative freedoms!

I'm exploring my talent, learning with every site I do which I didn't think should have controversy as I was looking for guidance which I take in my own way and change at my own pace.

GD13,

Comment

Hi GoldDraco,

Can you remove that leaf hugging my pointer, it is irritating.

It is just like going into a departmental store to browse and you find a
      sales staff shadowing you all over for lack of nothing better to do with his time.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

At the end of the day GD13, I think there really is no right or wrong way to design a website. Everyone will have a different opinion of your website, as they have with mine.

I think as long as it appeals to the broad market of your target audience, and as long as it does the job, then theres really no harm in how you go about designing your site. You can also further tweak your site when it goes live, depending on how much business you attract. I intend to do this once my company goes live, so I guess it will be a continuous learning curve.

Yes, some people may find things about your site annoying, but then again some people find things about my site annoying, and I really have kept it basic. It is impossible to please everyone all of the time.

So I say go ahead and be creative, and explore your talent, it whats makes one website unique and eyecatching over another website. And would it not be boring if every website had the same look and feel ?

Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter.
        www.psnutrition.co.uk
        Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

I totally agree Rangaz, that is what creativity and BlueVoda is all about,
          BUT.... GD13,
          if you are going to ask the Forum for constructive criticism, then you must expect feedback that may knock you back a little, especially when your site is advertising Website design! (Unless you are a genius - in which case you would'nt be using BlueVoda, would you?)
          It's meant to help, not critiise (English spelling!!) and in this case you didn't quite see it that way?
          However, your new site is much easier to navigate and understand.
          A little more tweeking - it takes a very long time to load - and it will be super.
          I asked some young people I have staying with me to review your 1st. site and now they have seen the new one they like it much, much better. They, like us 'oldies' didn't understand the other one and I assume they were the age group you were aiming at?
          Good luck
          Patsy
          www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I do try to take into consideration every point that is made and look at them from all angles, and I'm no expert but who is when the industry is changing so fast that in my mind if we don't start breaking out of the box we'll be left behind. I can ensure everyone that I am an adult at 36 and relearning building websites again, I've done alot of html and built alot of sites but not in flash nor creative beyond the 10 rules to build a website, this is where I am now, in the curve to fine tune my flash skills and explore the outter edges of it and what it can do. To me the html sites are like books in the 1900's and flash is like first movies of the 1950's, if comparison serves us right then the next step is color TV which is what I'm looking for with flash or a product of that there after to accomplish, those that ride this tech will be far better off when everything catches up to itself in the next 10 years. Some major things I see that we worry about now but in all honesty we shouldn't as time will fix these issues, like site load times, computers are becoming more popular for the average home which is driving the internet service providers to expand there systems, more of these companies are looking for 2010-2015 to completly get service to everyone, anywhere in the world for a reasonable price. Computer manufacturers are having to build better and faster machines with OS like vista forcing the market forward which by 2011 be 100% on every machine running a MS OS. Then forecasting the internet business from internet companys like ebay or google will show You that the internet revenue is growing at about three times a year. Wow, thats all I say and knowing this is what drives me personally, with this information I guild myself threw my learning, taking in advice but also taking into consideration the future of the internet. Again I do appreciate all forms of advice as I'm still exploring the target audience I'm after, which IMO is ever changing too. Thanks again to everyone here as this forum is very helpful in veiwing your site from a different audience then your own friends and family. Plus the fact that there is so much useful information here to harness.

GD13,

P.S. Ya the leaf has to go, it annoys me too, lol!

Comment

Working...
            X