Suggestions to iprove my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions to iprove my site?

I redid my site (http:drmikemiller.com ) in Voda. I NOW can get Google to verify so that I can begin to use Google tools, where I could not when hosted through Earthlink.

I'm told that Blue Voda lacks the ability to put text over pics without leaving a white spot/need to add background color. I did the latter, with less than satisfying results. Can anyone offer a solution? I was told that one can use photoshop, which I do not have. I tried this with Microsoft photo program, without being able to get quite right.

THANKS in advance for feedback and suggestions.

Mike

Re: Suggestions to iprove my site?

Hi, you should be able to have text over images if you wish. The text should automatically have a transparent background.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Suggestions to improve my site?

L. Dunkin finally told me otherwise after a number of inquiries. As I made my font white, all that showed were two white boxes over the Monet painting. In order to be able to see the font and NOT have the white boxes, I added background color, but the background around the box is NOT a solid color.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Tried a quick test & all seems to be fine??? You will have to click on the outer area of the light box version, as the text is covering up the link. Test page.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I was able to add text over pictures by inserting the picture, adding a text box over the picture (where you want it), double click to get to the properties and have the back ground color set to automatic. No White boxes.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

THANKS Ed. I was able to do that!!!! Will work on the rest tonight.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Mike

Comment

Try using the LogoMaker instead (it allows you to create better looking effects automatically).
              Just be sure to select TEXT ONLY (bottom of list at LOGO > Shape -- double-click on Logo form to display PROPERTIES dialog box), and since it is not cacheable text (as would be a simple text-based logo in a text box), be sure to enter compensating ALT TAG info for your header image instead.

PS: Double-check your spelling and grammar on your Main page....simply copy + paste it into Word to see the obvious ones, and then go line by line to find those that Word "misses".....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili. Haven't tried Logomaker.

What I just discovered is clicking on text box; holding left key down and swiping over the text; click on background color (which I had added); click on white (or is it transparent) in bottom right hand corner; and clicking out.

I'm half way through cleaning this up.

Comment

DARN!!!!! I spoke too soon!!!! Text shows fine in BlueVoda. However, preview in browser and text has disappeared.

Even when I do Properties, check Publish this text as image... NOW, I'm getting NO TEXT!!!!!!!

Life just continues to HUMBLE me!!! LOL

Comment

Logomaker worked. THANKS Vasili.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X