This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Latest cut at web site

It's a pain but you need to download FF (Firefox) and view your website in FF and IE. The differences are sometimes small but you need to alter your website to cater for both sites. It might be that you just need to add and extra space between lines in some places but it makes a huge difference.

I used to design my page using a product that previewed in IE and I had continuous hassles tweaking it to look good in FF.

Now I design it with BlueVoda and preview it in FF and it looks good in both.

FF viewers make up almost 30% of my audience (and growing) so you need to cater for them.
    www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
    www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
    www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Thanks Muzza,
      I downloaded FireFox and updated a couple of pages that I saw with the overlap. I think I caught it all.

Comment

Paul, Sorry i haven't been here. (working on patterns and web sites)
        To Fix up the new page opening for the links button you will need to do what Karen said and leave target empty. I have just worked out how to fix it if you haven't already. You need to change the target in the sites that you are linking to. Go Back into your links page and on each link you have - change the target box in each hyperlink to '_blank' When you hyperlink in BV the same box comes up to fill in, as it does for the navigation buttons. So if you added a new link (to another site) and clicked on the hyperlink the box that comes up to fill in the URL also has the target box. i think I have made sense - Hope so
        Sandra

Comment

Originally posted by Paulk2 View Post
          Thanks Muzza,
          I downloaded FireFox and updated a couple of pages that I saw with the overlap. I think I caught it all.
          A pleasure.

Just to be safe I also downloaded Chrome, Safari and Opera as well. It makes a big difference knowing what your clients see.

Plus if Chrome really takes off (and I think it might) then having that browser could be really important to make sure your site is displaying properly.
          www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
          www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
          www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Thanks Muzzi,
            Unfortunately I'm still running with Windows 2000 Pro and Chrome & Safari run on Vista/Xp etc. I'll have to rely on others to tell me if the site looks OK.

Comment

Working...
            X