I know this might hurt but here go's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I know this might hurt but here go's

Just hopefully published an updated index page. Now i've looked at the pages again i see there faults so clearly.
    Thanks for keeping me on right track.
    Paul

www.billinghamcharitytrophy.com

Comment

Cheers Emmanuel
      Will take that on board.
      Thanks
      Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

It's a small world! I know the area well as, although I live in SE Asia, I was born in County Durham.

To your website.......I suggest you do some more work on the following.......
        1. Alignments, both of pictures and texts on most pages. For example, pictures are unevenly spaced; there are pictures which abut the edge of the page and 'balancing pictures' on the same page are placed a small distance from the edge of the page. Also, some of your texts extend outside of their frames.
        2. Paragraphing needs some work. Occasionally, there is an empty line between paragraphs (which I think looks better and is easier to read) and, at other times, the next paragraph follows on without such line spacing.
        3. Text placement within complementary frames needs some work also. Have a look at the "Contact Us" page (http://www.billinghamcharitytrophy.com/contact_us.html) and you'll see what I mean.
        4. On your "Useful Links" page (http://www.billinghamcharitytrophy.c...ful_links.html), is there any chance of being able to make this page more interesting by including the logos of these sporting organisations within the page and to include some photos of Netherdene B & B. There is a large area of 'nothingness' on this page.
        5. I think that you should make all 3rd party links open in their own targetted tab because, as your website stands, opening the link to Netherdene B & B, takes you away from your website. Check them all.
        6. I suggest that you bring some consistency into your backgrounds with regard to colour.
        7. The "Sponsors" page (http://billinghamcharitytrophy.com/sponsors.html) needs an overhaul. Have a look though your page titles also.

Your "Forum" page (http://billinghamcharitytrophy.com/forum/) is excellent.

Len Agar (Taijitu)

www.seenitty.com
        www.grandcasaproperty.com
        Last edited by Taijitu; 01-22-2009, 11:46 AM. Reason: Include own websites

Comment

Thanks Len
          Thats a fantastic post, loads of info for me to work on. Will pick my way through it all.
          Thanks Again
          Ps Where abouts in County Durham

Comment

I used to live in County Durham too.. for about 2 years, I was in Ferryhill, but luckily escaped back down south!
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Haha
              From Ferryhill thats a fair one lol
              Paul

Comment

Actually it wasn't as bad as some people made out. I lived in the posher part (If that exists) I worked for a haulage firm whilst I was up there called Wellfield Transpot in Coxhoe, I think they may have gone now though.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I'm the opposite just spent year down south and just back to north east, Home is where the heart is lol
                  Paul

Comment

It looks much better now Paul..
                    I looked at a couple of days ago but didn't have time to post.
                    You still have some pics that appear stretched. One of the little logos at the top of the pages, the shield with the helmet. Also in the galleries some of the pics are stretched. If you have the originals, use pixresizer to scale them, don't use the corners of the pictures to size them.
                    the two pages that come up when you click on clubs, and galleries with out going to the drop down items has an awful green background, it hurts my eyes.
                    Much impoved though.
                    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi Paul,

I was born in a coal mining village about 2 miles to the west of Chester-le-Street. I worked in Billingham and Wilton and many places around the globe with the same company ........and I'm sure that you can guess the name of my company.!!!!

Thank you for your comment relating to my suggestions. I agree entirely with SAman about that green background. When I opened that page, it hit me right between the eyes because of the colour. I wasn't expecting such a blast of colour.

Regards,

Len
                      www.seenitty.com
                      www.grandcasaproperty.com

Comment

Thanks Len and Mike
                        Trying to get rid of that green page hopefully gone now lol(what was i thinking).
                        Most of the teams in my event and the town were setup by that company and ran by them till not too many years ago
                        Rugby, Football, Hockey and Cricket.
                        The same company has left the biggest blot on our town with there old office block.
                        In much the same way the town has been left by new concil( Oh well rant over lol)
                        Regards
                        Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X