Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, here we go!!!! The official launch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well, here we go!!!! The official launch!

Me again! Ok the sites been running now for around 2 weeks, had little teething problems with the forum side of things, so changed from freeby forum to phpbb, back to freeby as couldnt get my head round php! Had no sooner moved to freeby forum (kept the same freeby forum throughout) and it got hacked/someone signed in as admin and posted rubish up everywhere!! So moved back to a php. sat up all night till after 4 am to get my head round everything with php, and finally cracked it (i hope!)
    This is the site in it's final state. I've even studied php on forums and have changed the banner (wooho!) to my sites one, and changed the icons for small Honda symbals that I made on my pc (these even change colour for new posts) I really wanted to put a "button" on the forum for going back to the website, but don't know if it can be done? So rathe than have a text hyperlink, ive done it so he forum is in a popup, which seems to work out fine.
    Could you guys have a look and see if theres any probs still needing sorted, and if the final design layout is ok? It's showing up on google now at almost top of page (it is top of page if hondaclub uk is typed in search!) so I think Ive got the problems you showed me sorted.
    Next step, vodahost affiliate!!
    Thanks guys
    Dave
    http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Comment

Re: Well, here we go!!!! The official launch!

I have now worked out how to change a forum topic to a direct link, so visitors can now go back to the website straight from the forum, and the forum is no longer a pop up. I think thats the fun side of website and creating/ running them, the learning curve!
      Still need advice about putting a button onto the forum instead of a link so will post up in the relevant section.

Dave
      http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Comment

Working...
      X