Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone like this?

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
    Bridal S hoes (you know, specialty services like adorning and coloring) HUH...haha

Thanks I will..Soon!
    Yeah I know .... looks funny no matter how you do it: S H O E S is still being filtered by the Forum's anti-spam list .....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

funny, do you like the site
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Yes .... it is taking form nicely.
        Thing is about these kinds ("Directory") sites, it's more about function that look-and-feel .... has to be comprehensive, organized really tight, and have an abundance of options to cover the Visitor's interest universally ... a never-ending thing, adding categories, links, and areas of interest.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sharon, just one small point... I tried clicking on what I thought were links on your top paragraph. Is the intention to make these link through at some point? If not, you need to remove the underlining and the blue as both hint too much that there is a clickable link to go with it.

Good stuff tho
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ok, Got ya..Thanks
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

Sharon,

I like pretty colors (wedding colors). Like this ....

I don't have any links from www.wiltonremodel.com to the everythingwedding.html page (or vice versa). I only publish this so you can see it. Will delete this in a few days. Feel free to use/copy/alter. I just did this for fun. I have two sons, no daughter-in-laws yet.

Regards,
              B

Comment

OK, Here I go Changing everything again!!! Ha Ha I like what you did..
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Ok, Folks which one !! What are the wedding colors anyway..
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

This 1 :)
                    david
                    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

OK, any more thoughts? Does anyone like my background?
                      Sharon Chajin

Comment

I can't really see the background very well, what I see I like - color is good. Wedding colors are pastels (pretty, soft, romantic).
                        My thoughts:
                        1. A bride will look for somebody to make them look as beautiful as possible for ONE day and every part of her wedding to be glorious.
                        2. A item/service is worth the expenditure if it provides value. Even if it's at a discount, no bride wants a "discounted" look. A bride would not want to look like she went to Costco, got the special of the week and got a facial on the way out the door.
                        3. Your website has to make the viewer/future bride want to stay and find out about all the services/products you offer.
                        4. Your website should convey the idea that you can provide the "pampered" experience and "first class" special products at an affordable price.
                        5. Pretty/beautiful sells for weddings.

Again, my sons are not married; however, my husband and I have 15 nieces and nephews in the 20s and 30s (and friends with daughters & sons), so we have had a number of opportunities to observe a number of weddings from extravagant affairs (big$$$) to simple, low-keyed "family/close friends only" ceremonies. My niece got married in Carmel. I have a photo from a birdseye view with the wedding party below and the stunning view of Carmel Bay in the background - it looks heavenly. I would probably use that in the background for the first page (soften it up, overlay with 'From "yes" to "I do" takes planning ...' etc.

I really like the idea of you website - the one stop shop. Your website provides lots of information (which is great) but design-wise, it's not compelling. I would buy a couple of bridal magazines and study the ads. Keep in mind, this forum may not be the best place to test out a website for wedding planning. If you are happy with your webside, try it out. You'll know quickly whether the site is working (making money) or not. My alternative was just a quickie suggestion.

Best regards,
                        B

Comment

Sharon
                          Personally I like the layout of the second one http://www.fastlincs.com/everything_weddings.html
                          Although not neccessarily the back ground (to in your face for me, maybe wash it out a bit) but like the sites clean simple, professional looking design. Good work, keep it up.
                          Reguards
                          Ed
                          www.dsondesigns.com
                          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                          www.300hitter.com
                          www.bigjk.net
                          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Great Points..My thoughts really don't count..But everyone elses does, which is why I asked..Stay tuned I have another I will put up!!! LOL..You guys are the best!
                            Sharon Chajin

Comment

I like it! I love the colors and the layout is very simple and easy to read. That butterfly release thing is way awesome btw.

Comment

How about this one?
                                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                                X