Review for labour hire and recruitment agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review for labour hire and recruitment agency

Ok fellow VH users. Made some more changes. I know I can't please everyone as we all have different tastes but I value your opinions all the same.

Please have another look at the site. If you have any suggestions, please be specific, if you think the colour should be different, what colour? etc etc.

I love the way it is looking now and if it weren't for all your previous comments, I wouldn't have found the inspiration to try harder and get more creative, think outside the square (so to speak). So please keep the comments coming.

PS. I am still building the submission forms so don't worry about those yet.

www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com
    Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel

Comment

Please review - worked really hard

Hi everyone,

I know you all have better things to do than to validate my artistic/design/creative ability but I have been working my bum off to try and make a nicer looking website based on previous suggestions.

I would really love to know if after spending at least 12 hours a day for the last few days have paid off (lots of 4am bed times).

Eagerly awaiting some reviews.
      Rowena

Comment

I think your website looks great and professional. I like the color scheme and the layout. I like how all the pages and section are the same (I use the same sorta idea on my site), with just different content.

It gives off a comforting feeling. Your work was worth it. =)
        Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Hylith,

Thank you for your opinion. Much appreciated and glad you like what you see. A comforting feeling is good.

Thanks again.
          Rowena

Comment

Hi,
            I totally agree with all the positive comments about the general layout/design/appeal of your site....well done!

so..now comes the time to REALLY nit-pick to make your site "perfect" LOL

The menu button for
            About The Link - there's a teeny weeny piece missing due to the positioning of the words.

I would also suggest the following changes highlighted in red:

Our Philosophy - "Many companies claim to put their clients first. However few
            are able to resist the..."

Mission Statement - ".....
            very foundation upon which we build..."
            "
            This foundation is based on integrity and..."
            "
            It is our desire to encourage our employees..." (You just
            used "inspire")

Quality Assurance Statement - "...
            matches our clients' expectations..."
            "...
            Australian Dental Association's continually ..."

Privacy Statement - in 2.Using Personal Information - in a), b) & c) delete
            to & make d) a separate statement. I also would use a ;at the end of each line

Disclaimer - "
            ... in relation to any [legal, financial or medical] matter..." no need for
            the
            [ ]

I haven't checked the other pages....need more time LOL. If you would like me too, I can, but the above "mistakes", IMO, are not serious enough to 'lose' a visitor to your site.
            david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi David,

Wow you really did have a good look at my website. But very much appreciated. Glad to have gone past the point of having to once again re-design the website and happy to be just doing the nitty gritty now. So yes, if you have time, I would love for you to have a look at the rest of it

I have made all the changes you recommended except for the clients' and Association's. It is to my understanding that to use an apostrophe in these two situations would actually have the sentence say:

".....new technologies as well as changes to the Australian Dental Association is continually evolving policies......" The word associations is a plural and does not require an apostrophe.

and

".....the changing needs of our client is and we aim to achieve this by...." Again, the word clients is a plural.

A general rule when to use an apostrophe at the end of a word is if the word itself plural noun that end with an "s". (or something like that)

Sorry, I was confused about how to correctly use an apostrophe so I googled it :) Hope you don't take that as me trying to be all that.

Anyway, thanks again for the great review and the excellent feedback and suggestions (not suggestion's) hahaha. Sorry :)

Cheers
              Rowena

Comment

OOOkaaay....not going to get into a fight about this LOL...BUT:
                the use of an apostrophe is either to show a "possessive" situation, (i.e. "of someone" or "of something") OR to indicate a missing letter eg "don't". The one exception (which gets a LOT of people into troube!) is "its" - as a possessive it stays...but when you want to say "it is" = it's)
                In the case of plurals: (& I apologise for misunderstanding that you have more than one Dental Association!!!) when you mean to say, "OF the clients/Associations" then there should be an apostrophe eg. clients'....Associations'. The exception (there's always 1!) is with people's names - how would you write "the house of Mr. & Mrs. Jones"? :)
                as soon as I have time I will check the other pages for you,
                david
                Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Sorry, wasn't trying to be snot nosed ike I know everything. I was just of the understanding as mentioned before so I googled it for clarity. Yes there are always exceptions but as you said, it's nothing to lose site visitors over and certainly not worth having a massive debate.

Appreciate that you are bringing grammar errors to my attention.

Thanks
                  Rowena

Comment

Hi Rowena...I'm back :)

On your home page there are 2 buttons I didn't notice before at the bottom. The left takes me to the top of the page & the right one does nothing???? :)

So -
                    1.Home - the 2nd. para. just doesn't feel good! The "needs" & "desires" element. I have the following suggestion: my words in brown
                    We often refer to ourselves as being a boutique business because that's exactly what we are; we only provide services to a select group of clients with special needs and desires. For example: a need to access labour hire in regional and remote locations; a desire to have the convenience of labour hire. (You could substitute the 'a' with 'the')

2.Labour Hire (Dental Nurse/Assistant)-
                    patients mind at ease - singular or plural? If singular then "patient's mind" - if plural then "patients' minds"
                    (Reception/Administrations) -
                    endeavor - US or UK? If UK then with 'u'. customers - not "patients"? (Hygienists & Therapists) - if not thousands,
                    (Locum Dentists) -
                    patients' needs - here we go again!
                    At the bottom of the page again 2 buttons that don't work!

3. Mentoring Services -
                    clients' work force. - yup, I know LOL! And same buttons as before.

4. Value Added Services -
                    you must: & I would start each of the following sentences with a small letter - exactly as we receive them - and they will be placed - left & right buttons at bottom: same problem + the one in the middle has no text??

OK, sorry - gotta go - more later.....
                    david

Comment

Ok great feed back again. (laughing at the singular and plural debate)

It's 2.30am here so I won't make any changes now. I just wanted to quickly check what interesting things you had for me before I went to bed :)

Umm, not sure about the spell checker, I guess its a US spell checker being a US hosted site. Spell checker didn't pick it up as being an error. But I will look into it.

Regarding those "page top" and "previous page" buttons, they seem to all be working on my end. I think they are just a little tempermental, sometimes you have to give them a good hard click. Don't know why.

4. Value Added Services- left & right buttons at bottom: same problem + the one in the middle has no text??
                      Perhaps I was updating at the time you were having a look, everything my end seems to be ok. Can you check again your end please? On the Home Page, if it's the first page you have been to, the "Previous Page" button won't do anything because theres been no other pages viewed, but it does work after you have visited another page then returned to the home page. Make sense?

And just quickly, i really like the suggestion of 'For example: a need to access labour hire in regional and remote locations; a desire to have the convenience of labour hire.' Very good. Sounds much better.

Thanks for all your helpful comments and the humour ;)

Please keep them coming.

Goodnight
                      Rowena

Comment

Hallo again, Rowena,
                        Re. those buttons - as of today I still see the problems outlined before.
                        ...continuing -
                        Benefits of Labour Hire -
                        maybe even over_time - 1 word
                        2. Costs - either no 's' or next word "are"

Benefits of Mentoring - I wouldn't say "under construction"
                        -
                        the time-consuming process
                        -
                        one-on-one

New Client Policy -
                        which outlines

Customer Service Policy -
                        but excels them. I would use "exceeds" (normally one
                        "excels IN something")
                        -'
                        w' bullets: just curious, why 'w'? & same
                        comment as for Value Added Services - if you use
                        a : then each bullet should start with lower case
                        -
                        Consistency in their high standard of service- why not?

Complaints Policy -
                        rectify a situation
                        -
                        happening again in future. "in future" not necessary
                        -
                        All complaints will be received in a welcoming and non-defensive
                        manner hmm, not sure if complaints are "welcome"??

Points of Difference - now the bullets are '
                        v'? Consistency, Rowena,
                        consistency....it's such a good site
                        -
                        costs involved with long distance travel is see Benefits of
                        Labour Hire!
                        -
                        well-known
                        -
                        be personalised "personal" is good enough

Client Registration -
                        You are under no obligation to proceed with services after registration. However, we do request that if you change your mind, and no longer wish to be registered, that you contact us and we will remove your details from our database.

Job Seeker Registration -
                        Are you traveling - you have used mostly UK spelling so far. Ergo, "travelling" with 2 'l's is UK

OK - sorry, no more time right now,
                        david

Comment

Hi David,

I don't know what is going on with thos buttons, they work when click on them? Might check it out from someone elses PC and see what happens. Im baffled.

Ok, so you want me to keep the bullets uniform? Any particular preference?

I will go through and make all the grammar corrections you noted. FYI, re: previous message, I put the apostrophe at the end of 'clients' and BV spell check said it was an error but when I copied and pasted paragraph into Word, it didn't pick it up as an error. I think Word is configured to ENglish Australian (basically UK spelling) but Im a bit baffled about it. I thik I put it in anyway as per your suggestion.

I was also considering a modification to home page, last paragraph. Will get your opinion before I do anything. Here goes;

Our sole purpose isto provide a service of convenience and The Link Dental Personnel are the first labour hire agency in regional New South Wales and Victoria to offer dentists and spe******ts who either want, need or desire the convenience of labour hire; access to this great service.

Or I can just leave sleeping dogs. Any preference?

Once again, thank you for the time you have spent helping me fine tune my site.

Rowena

Comment

PS. forgot to reply to a few things from other message.

2.Labour Hire (Dental Nurse/Assistant)- patients mind at ease - singular or plural? If singular then "patient's mind" - if plural then "patients' minds"
                            (Reception/Administrations) -
                            endeavor - US or UK? If UK then with 'u'. customers - not "patients"? (Hygienists & Therapists) - if not thousands,

RE: customers - not "patients"?

On the front desk, the person who walks in the door is not necessarily a patient, they may simply be there to purchase dental products or make enquiries. Once they are seen by the dentist, they become a patient. Just for you info so you understat why I would leave it at customer instead of patient.

Oh yeah, and we do welcome customer complaints because we can't improve if we don't know what the problem is. It was something in the small business management course that I did about the percentage of customers retained because they had their complaint dealt with vs. customers that were lost becuase they didn't complain, they simply went elsewhere. They drummed it into us that complaints are good. They are an 'opportunity' for improvement. LOL
                            Rowena

Comment

Hi Rowena,
                              Patients vs. clients....I understand, thank you!
                              re:
                              Our sole purpose isto provide a service of convenience and The Link Dental Personnel are the first labour hire agency in regional New South Wales and Victoria to offer dentists and spe******ts who either want, need or desire the convenience of labour hire; access to this great service I like it :)
                              re: buttons - the button you actually use is up to you of course. I only mean that whichever button style you decide on should then be used throughout the site. The "Tips" pages are an exception where you're using a '?'

Resume Tips -
                              as www.hotgurl******** no www. in an Email address?
                              avoid using fancy hard-to-read fonts.

Writing a Cover Letter -
                              "Briefly outline your skills and experience which are
                              relevant to the role
                              -no need for "which are"
                              "Avoid using fancy hard-to-read fonts

Addressing Selection Criteria - when I open this link there's no way home! Closing the page exits me from the site.
                              Interview Preparation -
                              Practise your answers - a VERY common mistake: the
                              verb is "practiSe" & the noun is "practiCe"

- The interviewer will probably answer most of them
                              throughout your interview. However, it's best to be
                              prepared.

Dress For Success - faultless!! BUT, I have to ask: men NEVER go for these interviews?? LOL

Interview Questions -
                              They know you're not perfect
                              -
                              For example: or , you may have limited experience with the
                              computer program they use. However, you are very
                              proficient at using a computer and learn quickly.
                              -
                              Perhaps, you and a co-worker had a conflict. However, once
                              you approached

OK, that's pretty much it, I think? One final general observation/question: on the left side of all pages you have a panel - "Clients", "Must Read" & "OFFICE HOURS" - "Must Read".......what? and mousing over the image produces a 'hand' which suggests I should click & be transported somewhere else....but nothing happens!! ( You want to have all Upper Case for Office Hours?)

& finally.....I think you've done extremely well.
                              david

Comment

Hi David,

I wasn't sure if you would like that paragraph, glad you did. Yay for me :)

RE: addressing selection criteria, ok I will have a look at that. It's supposed to open in a pop up window. Ok yep, I see what I have done there. Thanks.

I almost got excited when you said Dress For Success was faultless until you pointed out the fact, and you are right, that males have job interviews as well. I was being narrow minded targeting dental jobs (99.9% female orientated). SO that balloon deflated rather quick, LOL.

Shouldn't be able to mouse over the images, they haven't been linked to anything so don't know what to do about that. Will look into it.

The "must read" relating to our office hours, when to call for general enquiries vs. making a booking and the contact number etc. I put office hours in caps lock just to draw attention to it.

Ok, spirits lifted again when you said ive done really well. Many thanks for your keen obseravtions, nit picking and helpful information. Glad we crossed cyber paths :)

All the best,
                                Rowena

Comment

Working...
                                X