Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamped website

Hi all,

I have made a few changes to the website and the pages are growing.
    I would appreciate if you could check that links open as and when their supposed to and spelling mistakes. Other than that things are going well and i have customers :)

Thank you,
    Clair and Steven

www.sycamore-cleaning-service.co.uk

Re: Revamped website

Hi,
    you asked specifically for a links check......on your index page you have some text marked in blue:
    Domestic Cleaner In Norwich | Cleaning Service In Norwich ........ Domestic Cleaning Service in Norwich and in grey: domestic cleaner OK it's blue now but on your page it's light grey! The first doesn't link - not sure if you wanted that or not? The second changes to green on mouse over & the grey changes to the light blue that you use in the first. I think there is a need for some consistency here?? :) The links themselves do work!
    At the bottom:
    house cleaning service in Norwich.
    Online Payments:
    back to this page for referral of payment dates.
    FAQ: (#2)
    Yes. We can (#3) No. We...........out to do an errand (#4) Yes. For (#5) Yes. We
    Agreement: to provide an emergency cleaner..................We have had no accidents to date.
    Domestic Cleaning: still use a communal Hoover. I would be careful about using brand names - maybe Vacuum-cleaner would be better? Also on this page: during our domestic cleaning service in Norwich.
    Spring Clean: Does your home require
    After Build Clean:
    We can come in and rid the place
    Window Cleaning: industry (no para break) to give you great results each time.
    Helpful Tips: Oh-Oh! Here you have some BIG problems!
    1. Keeping baths clean & Stainless steel surfaces are not linked
    2. Along the very bottom of the page you have what look like keywords & underneath is this: Click Cleaners - Cleaners at the click of a mouse
    3. & this is the worst! Every "tip" when clicked brings up some very strange advertising?! On one for weight loss, when I ckicked it I got a severe warning: dangerous site! message. So, something not right with this page.
    .....and finally: from the
    "Write Testimonials" page there is only a link back to "Testimonials" - intentional or not?
    Otherwise - really nice job & good to hear you're attracting customers
    Good luck,
    david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Only a personal thing, but i think the background looks a little odd repeating on itself. You can try placing the code below between the head tags to see if it looks better.

<style type="text/css">
      <!--
      body {background-image: url(http://www.sycamore-cleaning-service...ckground.gif); background-repeat:repeat-x;;background-position:left top;}
      -->
      </style>
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Looks good. My only thing is perhaps change the picture from page to page. She's a pretty lady and all that, but a change of image keeps the page fresh and different and visually shows the visitor they have actually changed pages.

Nice job
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Clair and Steven

You've done a good job of presenting your site & information.

Just a small thing - I found the fast 'sideways swipe' page transitions quite distracting. It might be best without the page transitions?

I think this "We are already key holders for 90&#37; of our customers"
          says a lot for your business. You could even use that as a big bold tagline - just under your navigation.

Sometimes, less text is easier for people to read. There's a lot to read on the home page. But I do like it that you gave a backstory of your business - you sound genuine.

Comment

Working...
          X