If you like Stained Wood....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sadian
    Sergeant First Class

    • Mar 2006
    • 59

    #1

    If you like Stained Wood....

    You'll like my new site graphics... though I just changed DNS yesterday, most of you all should be able to see my site now... if there are any suggestions please feel free to let me know.



    thanx

    Sadian
    websites i've built and designed

    http://www.lbimprovements.com/
    http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
    http://www.cbpbarn.com/
  • Collectors-info
    General

    • Feb 2006
    • 8703

    #2
    Re: If you like Stained Wood....

    Certainly different! But i have the feeling its a bit to bold & will distract visitors from the furniture images that i assume you will eventually have on the pages. Its the items you are selling that want to stand out the most.
    Regards Chris.

    Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

    www.chrismorris.co.uk

    House build project

    Comment

    • ahimsa
      Major General

      • Jan 2009
      • 2184

      #3
      Re: If you like Stained Wood....

      I quite like it.....because it's different! But I agree with Chris & would like to see how it all looks when you have some examples of what you've made showing in the Products section.
      Good luck anyway,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

      Comment

      • Sadian
        Sergeant First Class

        • Mar 2006
        • 59

        #4
        Re: If you like Stained Wood....

        so, you're saying I should slum down the graphics from like a shiny Sax Fifth Avenue to Sanford and Sons' Back yard... Yeah that dont make sense, but thanx for the input... I beg to differ... I rarely buy things from a shabby site.... take for instance some of the sites I shop.

        自宅で快適にテレワークを行うために必要になるのが、Web会議システムなどのツールです。高音質、高画質でやり取り可能なZoom、個人でもグループでもやり取りできるChatworkなど便利なツールを使用し快適な環境を手に入れましょう。




        obscuria.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, obscuria.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!



        thanx

        Sadian
        websites i've built and designed

        http://www.lbimprovements.com/
        http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
        http://www.cbpbarn.com/

        Comment

        • Collectors-info
          General

          • Feb 2006
          • 8703

          #5
          Re: If you like Stained Wood....

          You asked for an opinion on your sites graphics, & got two reply's. If you don't like the opinion's given, don't post & ask for it. Or would you like me to lie & say its a fantastic site, well done & keep it up, when its not my view.
          Regards Chris.

          Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

          www.chrismorris.co.uk

          House build project

          Comment

          • Sadian
            Sergeant First Class

            • Mar 2006
            • 59

            #6
            Re: If you like Stained Wood....

            My dear Fello, I only showed a parody of what you had stated... you said quote 'bit to bold & will distract visitors' i respect your opinion, but would like to know where these scientific opinions or 'studies' on neat and shiny and bold sites that distract the customer from purchasing furniture is... I only stated I disagree with your opinion.


            thanx

            Sadian
            websites i've built and designed

            http://www.lbimprovements.com/
            http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
            http://www.cbpbarn.com/

            Comment

            • DarrenC
              Brigadier General

              • Jul 2008
              • 1750

              #7
              Re: If you like Stained Wood....

              I actually like it and its nice to see something different. I'd probably remove the cross beams to open up the page a little and I would make my background static like this Scroll the page and you'll see the page float over the background.
              Happy Building

              DarrenC

              Comment

              • Sadian
                Sergeant First Class

                • Mar 2006
                • 59

                #8
                Re: If you like Stained Wood....

                Thank you... Static. I would try something like that but I am at a loss at how to set the background to static... and yes the cross beams on the Home page was bothering me too.


                Thanx


                Sadian
                websites i've built and designed

                http://www.lbimprovements.com/
                http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
                http://www.cbpbarn.com/

                Comment

                • DarrenC
                  Brigadier General

                  • Jul 2008
                  • 1750

                  #9
                  Re: If you like Stained Wood....

                  Remove the background Image tile from the page because thats been safely published.

                  Paste this code to your page html. Right Click Page > Page html > Between Head Tag

                  <style type="text/css">
                  body
                  {
                  background-image:url('http://www.countrybarnprimitives.net/woodgrain.jpg');
                  background-repeat:repeat;
                  background-attachment:fixed
                  }
                  </style>


                  Repeat this for all your pages.

                  Originally suggested to me by Chris - Collectors Info, above
                  Happy Building

                  DarrenC

                  Comment

                  • Sadian
                    Sergeant First Class

                    • Mar 2006
                    • 59

                    #10
                    Re: If you like Stained Wood....

                    Thank You I'll give it a try.



                    thanx


                    Sadian
                    websites i've built and designed

                    http://www.lbimprovements.com/
                    http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
                    http://www.cbpbarn.com/

                    Comment

                    • Sadian
                      Sergeant First Class

                      • Mar 2006
                      • 59

                      #11
                      Re: If you like Stained Wood....

                      I'll have to ask the Site owner which he prefers, but thank you DarrenC for the codes
                      websites i've built and designed

                      http://www.lbimprovements.com/
                      http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
                      http://www.cbpbarn.com/

                      Comment

                      • Sadian
                        Sergeant First Class

                        • Mar 2006
                        • 59

                        #12
                        Re: If you like Stained Wood....

                        i updated the home page with some product picz......



                        Sadian
                        websites i've built and designed

                        http://www.lbimprovements.com/
                        http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
                        http://www.cbpbarn.com/

                        Comment

                        Working...