Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my new site

Hello,

If anyone could spare the time, I would realy appreciate reviews/opinions/suggestions for my new site.

www.thelakecomoweddingplanner.com

Please just be honest. I have very thick skin!

Thank you in advance!
    Sally
    www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
    info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Re: Please review my new site

Very nice professional looking site. The only quirk i can see at the moment is there is a lot of side scroll with your site at 1200 wide. Nice if everyone had a nice wide screen, but many wont.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Wow! I feel that I'm in love again ha-ha...a very professional website indeed. Good job.
      Cheers,
      Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
      A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

Hi Sally,
        nice job!
        couple of typos need sorting out.........

Why Lake Como?: Lake Como, known as Lago di Como by its residents, is a place of charm and romance. With its beautiful, blue waters and backdrop of the Alps, its sub-tropical climate and shorelines with beautiful villas and historic buildings, its hard to find a reason why not!
        Apply Online:
        We respect your privacy

...and finally, on the FAQ page maybe highlighting the actual question? Or making the question in bold? Just a personal thought.
        Good luck anyway,
        david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Sally,

Very elegant website with lot of pictures. I love pictures and they are real and natural too. Are those pictures taken by you or got from web? Just from my experience be careful in using photos/pictures from web because one of my client got legal notice from gettyimages.

Vijai
          Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
          www.vijaianand.com
          www.igurus.net
          www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

Really nice site. One thing I did notice was on your online application form.

If you click in the 'first name' field and hit the tab key, the curser should move to the next field and so on in a sequential order until you get to the bottom of the form. Yours is a bit random.

If you double click each element you can set the 'tab index'. You simply number them starting from 1, next one 2, next one 3 and so on.

I hope this helps
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

TLCweddingplanner.com........shorten the name. TLC, (tender loving care)its easy to remember.

The website is very nice...well done. You have made it fit a widescreen. So people with smaller screens will have a bar on the bottom. Its ok, too much work now to fix that, but well done, smart looking website.

Comment

Your site looks lovely.

Only comment would be your FAQ page, list all the questions at the top then "bookmark" them down to the corresponding answer.

eg. this is my FAQ page here.

Other than that, looks great. Well done.
                Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
                www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Comment

make your fields mandatory in Contact Us if you don't want to receive empty message.
                  if your are using form from BV,
                  Point to the field > click right > Properties > Validate

Comment

wow, what a wonderful site! great job!

Comment

Thank you all so much for your time. I agree with all the comments. Some of those I wanted to do but wasn't sure how so I will learn and change everything.

Thanks again! Really apreciated!
                      Sally

Comment

The pictures are a mixture between ones I bought from Dreamstime, took myself and was given by vendors and venues around the lake.

The name I chose to help with Google searches. I read that it would help me! I have just switched over from Dream Day Events which ranked nowhere in search engines and didn't communicate what I did at all. I did consider it was too long as well, but decided to go with it as most people follow links to sites rather than enter them manually....hopefully. We'll see!

Thanks again. You were all really constructive. I have changed some of your recommendations already and have the rest on my to-do list.
                        Sally

Comment

It is a site easy to handle, is airy without agglomeration of texts and images. It is a balanced site. Still feeling the upper left corner an easy balance. It should be something more "full". Ex: map of Italy more intensive and colored the same or even more than flower-right corner. You have the opportunity to use hyperlinks to photos to specialized pages. To navigate between pages site you which buttons you use?
                          Viaţă Tă Sănătoasă

Comment

Hi Sally,
                            first impression are paramount. My first impression was 'Wow'. It looks really great. Good job!
                            The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
                            X