How do I change URL on all 27 pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change URL on all 27 pages?

I have built 27 pages of my web site over the last 5 months, believing that I could transfer my existing domain name (www.tallemenco.com.au) across to Vodahost when I joined.
    At the 11th hour, just before Im ready to upload, I joined Vodahost, only to find out that my domain name cannot be transfered because it ends in .au (Im an Aussie) I have had to create a new domain name (www.talle.biz) So now I have 27 pages with outdated www.tallemenco.com.au/pagename URL. How do I change each URL to my new domain name? ie www.talle.biz/pagename

Re: How do I change URL on all 27 pages?

You will have to go through the site & change all your links.
    Question?
    Why do you not keep your old domain at your domain provider in AU & just point it at your VH server.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris, thanks for your help. However, I have looked all over each page and on the tutorials to find out how to change the links on each page and cannot find a way.
      Can you tell me please how that can be done?
      Thanks, Zylo.

Comment

the only way i have done this is to open blank page, go to file, new page, from existing html and import the page that way. you will have to tweak the page, centering, page size, nav. menu etc.... but it should not take you too long. i have someone doing this right now and has about 80 pages. good luck.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by Zylo View Post
          Chris, thanks for your help. However, I have looked all over each page and on the tutorials to find out how to change the links on each page and cannot find a way.
          Can you tell me please how that can be done?
          Thanks, Zylo.
          You change the links the same way as you entered them on the page when you first made the page. So if you have 10 links on a page, you will have to re-enter 10 links again with the new url.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks guys for the tips. At the moment Im laid up feeling unwell. However, as soon as Im able, I will be back to try the suggestion.
            Please stay posted as Im sure I may need some extra assistance here.
            Many thanks again,
            Zylo.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
              the only way i have done this is to open blank page, go to file, new page, from existing html and import the page that way. you will have to tweak the page, centering, page size, nav. menu etc.... but it should not take you too long. i have someone doing this right now and has about 80 pages. good luck.
              mrmagoo144, thank you for the tip shown above. Im still unwell, but back to the PC!
              I tried your advice, but cant seem to import the page.
              I went "open blank page, go to file, new page, from existing html", at this point it asks for a file name (of the page I presume), so I browsed for a file, it went straight to Templates. At this point, I had the choice of html files (which there arent any showing in the Templates subdirectory because they are all .bvp files), or I went to "all files" and chose a page with a .bvp extension and it said not possible to import.

What am I doing wrong?
              Thanks again for you help.
              Zylo.

Comment

do you have a live on line page? if so copy and paste the url address of that page, for instance, if you wanted to copy my home page you would click on the box remote, then paste http://www.videopostcards.info in the box. blue voda will import the live online page to your website builder. if you wanted to copy msn's home page the link would be:http://www.msn.com and so on.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you to all of the people who have kindly helped me out here. Its just not possible without you!
                  My site www.talle.biz is pretty much up and running, albeit with only 4 pages out of 25. The rest will follow in the next 3 days.
                  Thanks again. Zylo.

Comment

Working...
                  X