Where is it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is it???

Each page on the top menu opens in a new window.
    Most folks prefer to open a page in the same window when
    it's a menu-driven website.

You could have a separate menu (a vertical one) for the
    different "functions" of your site. That way you can explain
    and enhance your content for each item on the menu.

Presently, the index page is quite long. You cannot expand on it
    more even if you want to. That would be too crowded. It is
    quite crowded even now. I wonder if the reader will read the whole page.

If you divide the pages into functions and drive them
    with a menu, the user will pick up more from each function.

Like stated before, divide and conquer.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Hi all,
      and thanks for your input. I am currently reviewing and re-building my site and will probably be putting it in for review again so I hope you are as helpful next time.

Just on another issue, that I'm almost afraid to add, but feel it would be better said.
      I am referring to some of the replies and comments. I don't know whether or not the people who reply are assigned moderators (some) or fellow members, but it is obvious that they are very helpful.
      That said, some of the comments can be quite harsh, and sarcasm seems to be in plenty of supply too.
      There are times when I wonder if novices like me are 'annoying' you guys with our 'stupidity', to the extent that I sometimes refrain from bringing a problem to this forum, as I might be treated like an 'idiot who has not looked at the tutorial', which I invariably have looked at. (Usually several times - I do stupid pretty good).
      Guy's - part of my life involves 'evaluating' others, and there is no such thing as constructive criticism. Criticism is Criticism. When you evaluate someone you must put yourself in their *****, encourage them, and indicate areas where they can improve. It is always constructive.
      My area of expertise is not computers or building websites. It is people, interpersonal communication, and helping to bring out the best in people.
      I certainly appreciate and take on board your expert advice on websites. I think you might consider taking mine. So the next time I, or a fellow member ask a stupid question, grit your teeth, and be gentle.

A favourite song of mine (Celebrate by An Emotional Fish) has the line 'The Problem with Reality is that we take it far too Seriously'. So how's about smiles all round and lets get on with it.

Comment

Everyday is a learning day for me.

Good and bad information coming in all the time.

At the end of the day, I try to reject the bad
        and accept the good and even then
        what I think is good and bad.
        Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
          Say it from your heart.

You can comment on the post in any which way you want to as long as you are truthful.

But you do not have the perogative or the right to pass judgement on fellow Members.

Who do you think you are to say I am rude when I am giving my opinion on what I personally think of his website presentation.
          im just like everyone else on here who has feelings, but i guess some of us are robots. everyone interprets written words different and it all depends on the mode at the time. I have had my expierence with some of you moderators and I was not impressed at all with how some of you would talk to people.

But hey to each his own and in how they do things. "it's the words in how we use them" not the words by themself.

have a great week

Comment

Working...
          X