Fresh Meat for review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Meat for review!

Please review my site, EmpressVampire.com and let me know what you think.

I have one issue I would like to find a way around and that is that my pages load slowly and in stages. I have a background picture, but it is only 55k. I can't imagine it would take that long to load. And it also loads LAST. When I discovered that I made the background, behind the picture, a color. It was really annoying and unattractive when a white background came up first, then the text, then the images.

Thanks - I look forward to any and all feedback!

Re: Fresh Meat for review!

Hi!
    You can preload images with JavaScript and control the order in which they load. (Try a Google search)
    You've embedded the words -empress vampire- in the background image and the word empress is repeated on the right side of my screen, it looks awkward, my monitor is 19". The title would be better on its own, I also think it would look a lot better if you centre all your pages.

Good luck with your project.

Comment

Great - thanks for the suggestions! I will check out JavaScript. I will look into removing the main title from the background (it seemed like the easiest way to ensure consistencey from page to page) and centering the pages. Thanks!

Comment

I love this site! Great colors, digestible chunks of text and straightforward navigation.
        Well done!
        Marcie
        www.redtractorfarm.com
        www.iloveacorns.com
        www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Working...
        X