How does it look so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How does it look so far?

I am planning on changing some names on menu bar, just kept same as yours while I experiment and learn this :)
    Tina
    ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Can someone help me

I have been working on my website and learning so much, but I am having major issues right now. I added a menu bar and placed it under the header image and before page area, and it is there when I preview the page, but after I publish the page the darn thing is over on left side of page and not where it is supposed to be. You can see what I mean by here: http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/index3.html What am I doing wrong and how do I get the menu bar to stay under header image?
      Tina
      ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Re: Can someone help me

I figured out what I was doing wrong! I wasn't moving all the files over to where they needed to be. Now that I know what I was doing wrong, I can adjust it better. I am sorry I asked so many questions, but I thought that is what this forum is for.
        Tina
        ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Become more familiar with the Forums ... this has been repeatedly posted (pay particularly close attention to "#2" in the post, and be sure to also review the link in the post to affirm proper method) >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post374365

Were I you, I would change the Font in your MenuBar from TimesRoman to Arial, as this would be more visually acceptable being more similar to the other Fonts on the page/site (complimentary design is visually more "congruent" and builds continuity).
          The reason your Menubar is not evenly "centered" across the top of the page is because you have too many 'added spaces' after RESOURCES in the MenuBar Properties. The important aspect to the "Tip" of adding extra spaces is to make sure you have the SAME NUMBER of added spaces after each Item (remembering, of course, not to add any spaces after the last Item --- as this would add unnecessary spaces to the right side of the MenuBar, and ultimately extend off the page outside the margins).
          It is really not necessary to add "Credits" to your page on the prominent areas for any Images Sources you may have used ... they can be just as "officially" mentioned in an obscure portion of another Page's Content, such as "About" or "Resources" or even "Useful Links" depending on how you create that Content. Placing such mention as you have totally lowers the professional appearance of the site entirely, IMO.

* Rather than have you struggle unnecessarily and use a less than realistic image that defeats the "real people" message on the image, you may as well simply copy the elements for the more realistic "Join Our Forum" image I used in my Demo and simply re-assemble them to get the look that is best. * Remember to add OVER the assembled image a transparent Shape that you will eventually hyperlink to your Forum --- once it is installed properly.
          1. Basic image (400x400 -- you can use this to "fill" whatever sized Shape your site needs)
          2. Join Our Forum
          3. We Are
          4. Real People Offering Real Support
          5. Formatted Image (sized per Demo requirements with 2pt border)

Assembling them precisely will hone your positioning methodology and be a practical lesson on attending to the Details that are so important ....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hoping this post doesn't get deleted

I am experimenting with Bluevoda and I am going to redesign my site. I have been working on the header and I was wanting to know if it looks good, don't mind the rest of page it is a mess

Tina
            ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

At 1250 pixels wide, it is far beyond the standard of 985 maximum acceptable width in order to comply with Search Engine parameters .... not to mention the inability of being universally viewable across multiple device types.

Creatively, it appears to be a significant devolution, but since you have such obvious emphasis and/or devotion of page space to AdSense rather than organic Content, it might be fitting after all. Your choice, right?

Comment

Thank You for your thoughts & advice! I am getting frustrated because I seem to mess it all up, but I will get it eventually! What I am actually trying to do with my site is something like this, not copying it, just wanting my site to fit the whole browser window. Here is what I mean: http://www.chadd.org/ Again, I do not want to copy site or anything from it, I just want my site to be something like this where it will fit the whole browser window

Can this be done in Bluevoda?
                Tina
                ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Pretty sure you are asking about a "responsive" site template, where the website adjusts automatically to the Viewer's browser settings. If so, you should review this post.

Maybe if this is what you really want, you should consider using either Soholaunch, Joomla, or Wordpress, each of which have templates (or "themes") that are specifically written with this feature included, and all of which can be easily auto-installed via Fantastico in your cPanel.

Comment

Yes, that is what I am meaning....sounds really complicated but I will work at it. I have found a different header I am going to purchase and the size is 3000 by 2000 so would I then use pixresizer to size header to 1000 by 333?
                    Tina
                    ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Images are offered over-sized for for a reason: so they can be re-sized according to the requirements of a template or page dimension, as images can be made smaller without problem, but when making larger they often lose definition.

Auto-sizing templates use this principle to their advantage (making images smaller according to demand of the Viewer's browser), but they too have a set size written into the template page code that must be originally loaded.

The required image size depends on what route you decide to take - BlueVoda, Soholaunch, Wordpress, Joomla, etc. Again, your choice.

Comment

The required image size depends on what route you decide to take - BlueVoda, Soholaunch, Wordpress, Joomla, etc. Again, your choice.
                        Are these easy to install? Meaning what directory name should it be so that it points to my site (hope I am making sense) I want to experiment and see how difficult or easy it will be for me to learn
                        Tina
                        ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

If you wanted to "experiment" and build skills using CMS, I would suggest you use Fantastico in cPanel to install the easy-to-earn and rich selection of free resources supported Wordpress platform in a separate, indescript new Directory that will be auto-created for you (by enetering a name in the Directory Box during installation).

It is all spelled out in the Tutorials:
                          > How To Install Wordpress Using Fantastico in cPanel
                          > How To Install Template Themes Into Wordpress

When you get the hang of things and are confident of moving your Content over into a real installation, you can with one click "un-install" Wordpress from this temporary Directory and then re-install it into your Root Directory ("public_html/") to replace your BlueVoda website.

You will still have your BV pages saved on your local system (and if you are using BV12+) and copies of your originally designed pages in ".bvp" format on the server, should you need to retrieve them and/or re-publish them at a later date. Win-Win.

Comment

Thank you, I will experiment with WordPress.

Anyways, I found a header image I liked and purchased it, and tried to resize it with pix resizer to 1000 by 333 should I just choose to stick with Bluevoda, but it looked horrible and I think I just wasted money :(

This is the image I was trying to resize http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/canstockphoto8733283.jpg
                            Tina
                            ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Ok, after experimenting I think I finally cropped the header right http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/new.jpg
                              Tina
                              ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

* Rather than have you struggle unnecessarily and use a less than realistic image that defeats the "real people" message on the image, you may as well simply copy the elements for the more realistic "Join Our Forum" image I used in my Demo and simply re-assemble them to get the look that is best. * Remember to add OVER the assembled image a transparent Shape that you will eventually hyperlink to your Forum --- once it is installed properly.
                                1. Basic image (400x400 -- you can use this to "fill" whatever sized Shape your site needs)
                                2. Join Our Forum
                                3. We Are
                                4. Real People Offering Real Support
                                5. Formatted Image (sized per Demo requirements with 2pt border)

Assembling them precisely will hone your positioning methodology and be a practical lesson on attending to the Details that are so important ....
                                I missed this somehow! I just wanted to say "Thank You" for letting me use this image!!!
                                Tina
                                ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Working...
                                X