Quick question about, operating systems...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • younghelpdeskguy
    Private First Class

    • Aug 2005
    • 7

    #1

    Quick question about, operating systems...

    I am a freelancer who has begun putting bids in on sites. But I've noticed that several os's are Linux, and I have windows. Will this mess up compatability? I would like to be able to help with sites that have os's besides windows. thx.
  • racefan20
    Major General

    • Jul 2005
    • 2335

    #2
    Re: Quick question about, operating systems...

    Originally posted by younghelpdeskguy
    I am a freelancer who has begun putting bids in on sites. But I've noticed that several os's are Linux, and I have windows. Will this mess up compatability? I would like to be able to help with sites that have os's besides windows. thx.
    Don't confuse server configurations with desktop applications. You, like most people, have Windows installed on your pc, but the Linux stuff you see mentioned is server based. No offense, but most people would expect a "younghelpdeskguy" to know this.
    My NASCAR Forum

    Comment

    • younghelpdeskguy
      Private First Class

      • Aug 2005
      • 7

      #3
      Re: Quick question about, operating systems...

      Originally posted by racefan20
      No offense, but most people would expect a "younghelpdeskguy" to know this.
      Very true, but I have an "old help desk guy" (who trains me) and he said that some server configs can show altered results on others. Just making sure before I jump ahead.

      Comment

      Working...