This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BlueVoda V9.0.3 Issue Tracker

I do not know if this is an issue but I can't get it figured out. I was excited about the logo maker and have been trying to create a logo. It looks fine but when I preview it in the browers it does not look ok. I created a purple ellipse logo but when I view it in the browser there is a light blue box around the logo. I cannot find anywhere how to change this to transparent or do I have to do something else?

Clarinetjoy

Comment

Hi,

Just trying out the tables.

I will like to select all the rows and columns and change the fonts and colours at one go...but it seems cannot work. Pls advise. Thank you.
      Cheers,
      Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
      A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

Originally posted by jamnltd
        I guess I am not explaining myself very well. This has do with style of image, not size.

I have changed menu bar/navigation bar image to plain yellow and republished. If anyone can figure this out for me, I would like to go back to my original style menu/navigation bars.
        Thank You
        Actually i did encounter the same problem:

As you can see in the attached image, i have used a white button, with a red arrow (as jamnltd says he was). Well, in the original BV page, the white behaves as transparent, whilst in preview, it turns to a light fuchsia.
        I beleive that this the problem jamnltd is reffering to.

Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello,
          I have downloaded v. 9.0.3 but still cannot drag files into my public_html in Blue FTP.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Another issue (under Windows Vista, still need to check with XP)

Importing Existing Html Pages: I always get an error message, and then the page background turns to a pale fuchsia (the same as in the menubar related post, #

Please have a look at the attached images:

Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry
              Hello,
              I have downloaded v. 9.0.3 but still cannot drag files into my public_html in Blue FTP.
              Terry, FTP seems to work fine, i have used it about ten times. What exactly is the issue ? If you cannot drag, please:

1. Uninstall completely BV
              2. Delete your IE temporary files
              3. Download and install again BV 9.03
              Navaldesign

Comment

Menu bar problem
                I think you are referring to the navigationbar?
                The look of the navigationbutton is defined by their source image.
                You can find those images in the folder:
                C:\Program Files\BlueVoda Website Builder\navbar
                Previous versions of BV didn't look at the transparancy information in these images, while the new version does.
                Questions:
                1) Which image did you select as your navagitionbar button?
                2) How can we reproduce your problem?

HTML Import problem
                Make sure your firewall isn't blocking internet access.
                I"ve tried it on multiple Vista computers and it seems to work fine, once I've unblocked the firewall.
                Forum Moderator
                BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

I think you are referring to the navigationbar?
                  The look of the navigationbutton is defined by their source image.
                  You can find those images in the folder:
                  C:\Program Files\BlueVoda Website Builder\navbar
                  Previous versions of BV didn't look at the transparancy information in these images, while the new version does.
                  Correct. As those transparency details were ignored in previous versions, many members that have built their bars in the past, and were thinking that they were simple gifs, now load their existing pages in bv9.03 and find out that the appearance is changed, simply because those were in fact transparent gifs.
                  Only solution: change the bar buttons to another type.

HTML Import problem
                  Make sure your firewall isn't blocking internet access.
                  I"ve tried it on multiple Vista computers and it seems to work fine, once I've unblocked the firewall
                  Issue solved.
                  The problem was NOT with the firewall. In BV 8 importing a page from existing html was working even if you did not check the "Local" or "Remote(On the net)" radio button. In the new version, importing a web page REQUIRES checking the "Remote" radio button.

Of course, adding BlueVoda in the list of exeptions of the firewall, will help anyone having problems with it.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

1) The real problem in this case is the transparency value of the specific button. If you open the button image in PaintShopPro (or any other image editor) you will notice that the transparancy color is set to white. This should be 'none' If you make this change in PaintShopPro it will work as expected.
                    One more technical detail: the 'pink' color you see in the published image button is the transparency color of the text that is rendered on top of the navigation button. But because the button has no background color it will render incorrectly.
                    If someone can give a list of all problemetic navigationbar images I will try to correct them in the next update of BlueVoda. But note that can easily do it yourself with any image editor whihc supports .gif images.

2) You are correct. BlueVoda now checks if the imported page really exist before it tries to download and import it.
                    Forum Moderator
                    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

1) The real problem in this case is the transparency value of the specific button. If you open the button image in PaintShopPro (or any other image editor) you will notice that the transparancy color is set to white. This should be 'none' If you make this change in PaintShopPro it will work as expected.
                      One more technical detail: the 'pink' color you see in the published image button is the transparency color of the text that is rendered on top of the navigation button. But because the button has no background color it will render incorrectly.
                      If someone can give a list of all problemetic navigationbar images I will try to correct them in the next update of BlueVoda. But note that can easily do it yourself with any image editor whihc supports .gif images.
                      In most cases you can do something very simple: open the button image, from the navbar image library, with Windows Paint and then simply click Save. Paint does NOT preserve the transparency details, so you will have your button as you were seeing it with BV8. However, please note that this is a solution applicable only in case of rectangular buttons. Rounded ones NEED to have the transparency details (for the rounded corners)

2) You are correct. BlueVoda now checks if the imported page really exist before it tries to download and import it.
                      One more click is well worth the time, in order to avoid all those ghost browser windows.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Please Helllllllllllllllllp,
                        Ive installed bluevoda about 15 times now and still nothing. Its installed on to the pc but it wont open. I click on the bluevoda icon but nothing happens ive uninstalled then reinstalled it But still nothing im dying to try this software has it has got fantastic reviews.
                        So can someone please HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP.
                        Thanks Trev

Comment

Please unistall again. Then, delete Temp files from your Browser (in IE, Tools, Otions, Delete files) and download / install again.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for quick responce trying it now

Comment

tryed that Navaldesign but still nothing.

Comment

NavalDesign- Thank you for understand and the visual of my problem. I now understand why the buttons look as they do. Now I know you don't think I am craxy. I will try your suggestions re: saving them to Windows Paint or Paint Shop Pro. If and when this transpancy problem is addressed I will go back to my white/red navagation/menu bars.

Everyone - thank you for your patience and help.

Comment

Working...
                                X