Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Users petition to keep Windows XP

Amen Vasili,

I do believe they should keep XP as Vista is just too slow and buggy in its current state. I feel once you buy a computer you should have the choice of XP (any version) or Vista (any version) and not be monopolized into Vista only. They have, and make, no guarantees about any OS so what makes them think that everyone will just be brainwashed into liking Vista eventually just because it is forced down their throat? Bad business but when you are the fore-front of OS making companies, you can choose to make some harsh business decisions.

Not that I agree with them but they feel they will saddle the horses and you can jump on the bandwagon or be left behind, up to you. Again they will lose customers but if you want a computer with in the next 5 years you gotta go Vista (if you want support) sad to see but they just dont care.

Annoyed Microsoft Affiliate,

DM

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      I too, have purchased extra XP Pro OS CD's, in case something goes wrong and I have to re-install on a computer. Vista sucks, and if you think that is bad, wait until they roll out Vienna -- they are moving to an all-online applications OS, meaning if you are not connected to the applications online, your computer will not function. They are justifying this by the ability of updating the OS online universally and in a protected manner, but to me it reeks of sheer control over everyone's computer as a fashion to make them dependent upon the Company (that is like saying handcuffing them to the cash register).
      I'm having problem with XP because it runs slower on my PC. Vista runs a much faster on my Core 2 Quad. It sounds crazy but it's true. This will not all happen if we will close our GATES to them.

Comment

people to embrace Vista, some just can't be wowed. They complain about Vista's hefty hardware requirements, its less-than-peppy performance, occasional incompatibility with other programs and devices

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
          Just got new pc with Vista and after the initial learning curve....

Wow, never going back to RAM hungry XP! Loving the Vista!
          I think that Vista uses much more RAM than XP does! I tried running Vista for weeks and finally went back to XP Pro. If MS wanted to create a real winner, they should just make XP Pro look like Vista and call it good.
          Affordable Medical Insurance
          Discount Dental Plan
          Washington State Health Insurance
          Temporary Health Insurance
          Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

I am in!! If I have to change to vista most of the programmes, aspecialy photo programmes, I use wont work.. I am not looking forward to this!

Comment

Count me in. I have three desktop computers that uses Windows XP and two that uses Vista. But I use my Windows XP PCs more that I use my Vista PCs.

Comment

Me too. All of my systems run on XP or XP Pro and I tried Vista several times now think it is a giant waste of processing power, and a waste of my time!

KEEP XP!
                Affordable Medical Insurance
                Discount Dental Plan
                Washington State Health Insurance
                Temporary Health Insurance
                Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

This is how i feel,

Windows Xp = Good - functions well, nearly all programs supported and it just works

Windows Vista = looks great - thats it......... too slow, too resource hungry not great driver support

Windows 7 = Excellent! My favourite OS - combines the good parts of windows vista ( mainly the looks) with the bits of Xp that just worked. I have yet to find a program that wont work on Windows 7. Since Vista has been out for a few years now the industry has caught up with drivers for it and all most of these are compatable with windows 7. Windows 7 is quick, simple to use, introduces new features and has XP mode in its Pro and Ultimate editions for those of you who have one of the few programs that will only work in XP

I recently bought a new laptop the had Vista, i booted it up once and then downloaded the Windows 7 RC 7600 and have never looked back since , now waiting till October to get my free upgrade to the final Official Windows 7 RTM
                  robobobo
                  Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
                  Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
                  www.visionlandscapes.ie
                  [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X