This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BlueVoda Version 11 - Over 100 New Features & Fixes

I have also loaded BV 11 and have a sporadic problem when I try to open a second page to work on. When I try to open the 2nd page, the app freezes.

Comment

I posted a quick reply a while ago, but it didn't show up. Here are my problems, so far:

1. BV-11 froze after I open the link style dialog box.
      2. I get the same (unexpected file format) like others posted above. The file it did not recognize was my contact page where there is a form built in.
      3. I re-installed ver10.2 and was able to open the contact page, but get the (unexpected file format) for pages that were saved in ver11 (especially my index page)...Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Until then, to remedy problem #3. I have install both versions under separate program folder.

Comment

I had an issue with shapes not appearing in Internet Explorer (FireFox is fine),
        After some testing it seems that the "Anti-Alias" option was the culprit. After switching it off the shapes display just fine in IE.
        However, I am not able to curve the edges of the shapes as I wanted because without anti-aliasing they are not too pretty.

Thing is, I've came across the problem of shapes not appearing in IE before with other versions of BlueVoda (but didn't find the solution those times).
        I'm wondering if this is a more general IE compatibility problem with BlueVoda rather than being version specific.

Comment

I am still testing the new BV11 Builder, but it has passed the tests for the items I am using for the website I am creating.

One thing I noticed, that was not mentioned, is that double clicking on the round /circle/button option (right next to the edit box on the tool menu - R/H side) while still in the builder makes the BV11 builder crash and a Microsoft message comes on saying it has to shut down the BV builder. Hence, if one does not save anything they lose everything up to that point, I guess.

So, do not select the round circle and double click it while it is on your BV 11 pallet. It is Okay in the preview mode though. I hope this helps some.

Initially I put the BV11 builder in Sandboxie and went through all the apps that I would use and it checked out okay.

And I am simply impressed. The drop-down menus are so amazing. Thank you BV and in all sincerity my eyes got watery when I saw those menus. I was so completely put out and depressed with not being able to negotiate the HTML or DMHTL or Java and having to use the old blue buttons.

This new BV11 is truly a gift and I thank you so much for listening to your customers. BV adds a whole new meaning to WYSIWYG when it comes to satisfaction.

My warmest and most congratulatory thanks,

John K.

P.S. I cannot imagine how many threads will be null and void with this latest edition. There are so many resolutions to many former unsolved problems. I just hope that all users study the new builder and its possibilities before they jump the gun and inundate the BV team with redundant queries. I make it my duty and obligation to give due diligence before hitting the forum with my woes. Anyways, thank you and best wishes in working out the kinks.

Comment

Please help- I tried several forms to hyperlink my four pages and can not resolve the problem. I have index (home) page, contacts, links, news and tried link under - file, http and sub domains ithout sucess. I need a help for thi, I have spend lot of time already.

I receive an error msg "
            Not Found
            The requested URL /www.dsustentavel.com/noticias.html was not found on this server.
            Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
            Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.dsustentavel.com Port 80

Comment

Does anyone know if these problems have been corrected in version 11, I would like to download new version but not at the expense of these problems.

Andy
              thewoodsatsummerford.com

1... new version will not open some old BV pages that contain contact forms.

2... new version will actually close when trying to access some old bv opages.

3... New version will freeze and cpu goes to 100% when trying to edit hyperlink styles

Comment

Is there a way I can download without the zip, I have no idea how to do that. Ive downloaded winzip tried tried and tried.

Comment

Hi

Two issues:

1. I downloaded BV 11 and started to use it. Same problem as others on this thread. Can't open a few of the BVP files. There were no forms in either of the files.

2. am trying to use the Login script, it creates a database file but doesn't store anything and even after signup it doesn't go to the success page as mentioned in the properties.

Thanks
                  Alok

Comment

Just another item to add to your list of tweaks.

When I click the yellow folder to open up an existing page to work on, and I click on that page, it bogs down and won't open up. The tab for the new page is kind of a half tag and blank and my builder freezes.

Solution: I minimize the BV window and maximize it again and that page I selected is there.

Still, I am happy as can be over your changes.

Respectfully, I have a request for BV 11.?: to make it so items can be rotated as in MS word and MS Publisher.

Cheers!

John

Comment

Okay! Some more things I figured out that I cannot explain in layman's terms, but they seem to make sense and they work:

I am making new changes to the files I did on BV10 that I transferred to BV11.

I am publishing those changes and they seemed to be alright but after I loaded up (published) 8 or 10 pages I noticed that some of my BV10 shapes and Logo text were now transformed into either logo shapes (formerly logo text), or text that was transformed into shapes, or even shapes still being there, but jpg or png photos filling the shape area (stretched and distorted to fill the oblong rectangle.

This was showing up on the Internet after I published.

Then it occurred to me that these shapes were BV10 creations. I was publishing a combination of BV10 creations along with BV11 creations, and I suspect that this mix was creating some kind of allergy between the two coding formats. SO, I recreated these shapes to the exact specifications using BV11 and discarded the old BV10 shapes.

I put back together these shapes the way they were and so far I am getting WYSIWYG at its best.

Moral to the story: Re-create any BV10 shapes and logos using the BV11 tools and discard the old BV10 logos and shapes and text indigenous to the old format as there seems to be a conflict created with BV11 and BV10 coded items all squeezed into the BV11 Builder.

I also could not open the BV10 contact us page because it had a form on it. I had read these posts and now I believe that the BV10 form code is not compatible with the BV11 form code.

So I opened up the contact us page on the Internet (thankfully it was published) and I copy / pasted all the text into my BV 11 and basically re-created the layout and new form using only the BV11 code and tools. Now it is Okay!

BV11 seems to be a bit allergic to the BV10. If this is true, then some people will have to do a lot of updating when they go to make changes or updates to their websites created in BV10 (i.e. chain reaction due to incompatibility). I sure do hope I am wrong on this.

'Hope this helps.

John

Comment

Hi,
                        I had all problems mentioned above, so I reloaded version VB-10.2. I will go back, when this version is finished or fixed.
                        It is great software, keep it up.
                        Thank you

Comment

Well, version 11 sounds exciting and I can't wait to have at it. . .but, I'll be hunkered down over here in the high grass until the beta-schrapnel stops flyin and someone announces: IT'S FIXED! (I have lots of forms)
                          McBuff
                          Stay Connected
                          http://www.connectuswell.com
                          http://www.househunterforyou.com
                          http://www.sellhousewell.com
                          http://www.truemasterplan.com

Comment

Thank you VH for a great new upgrade. I jus want to mention that when you lock a Glass button, you can still move it around.
                            Bless you
                            Tom

Comment

BV11 give me error message "& Number of Rows" in a dialogue when I try to open the Style tab of a Banner. When I close the dialogue, BV freezes and shuts down.
                              Bless you
                              Tom

Comment

Found the 1st one - BV freezes when you click on "Edit Style" in Text Menu.

Comment

Working...
                                X