X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spell Check

Originally posted by narobe
    Hello
    If its a multi language even better for those of whos pages are not anglo spoken
    I have to agree with this which version of 'english' will it check.
    -------------------------------------------
    Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

It is multi-language, you select which language you want it to check. I'm going to guess it will be checking Americanized English - but don't know for sure there. The differences would be easy to spot. I just typed personalise in here and clicked to have it check and it accepted it - so maybe if it's a valid English word from either side of the Atlantic is accepts it.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I agree also....it was one of the most basic features I missed when new to BV.
        And no, proof reading is not always the best solution. Most of us cannot find mistakes when not familiar with certain spellings or grammatical leanings.
        The mentioned html tool is a great hint, but it won't become a universal solution to all skill levels unless embedded.
        And, about the money issue.....SYSTRAN has not only the most universally accepted (systems, users, etc.) translators -- even *** versions, so it IS really applicable -- but comes with updated dictionaries and other tools. The cost to include this in BV versions by license should be quite low (depending on negotiating skills, of course) especially if on a 'trial basis' to measure effectiveness with improvements going back to SYSTRAN as proprietary developments usable elsewhere.

Just a thought....
        >>I still will have to use the online tool Lt."D" mentioned, or even the flip-flop method using Word (which I didn't even think about, since I composed directly into BV).
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X