A way to make the templates more fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way to make the templates more fluid

My pet peeve is trying to design a site that is long enough and still looks right no matter what screen size or viewing setting. The templates dont expand with this. I havent tried designing it within a table, but not sure this would solve it either.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: A way to make the templates more fluid

You can tweak any of the templates using Microsoft Paint. Enlarge the canvas and then copy the border of your template horizontally or vertical to the size you want. Save.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Karen, not sure what excactly you mean. Can you please provide ore info ?
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Bill,
        Yes I know how to do all that with editors. But thats not what I mean.

Naval,

What I mean is the size of your page is absolute. Not fluid, So say I develop a site with Normal sized font, but someone else views it with say LARGE FONT, or they set their screen resolution larger or smaller. I end up with text over running the margins, or.. lots of empty space.

In dreamweaver I build with divisons or tables and they MOVE pretty much with the screen etc instead of remaining static. In bv, the page remains the size you set it. Length and width are absolute. Each page you develop has to be adjusted accordingly to the amount of info you wish to display.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,
          i believe css is the way to go. Have a look at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/layouts/category/C11/
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Karen you may know I am playing around with an estate agency website at the moment. I had exactly the same problem as you. My solution was to stick everything in a single-celled table. This is what I have so far. (The table expands to match the search results)

It may not be exactly what you are looking for but it may spark off a few thought trains.

Comment

Not sure the CSS link is going to give Karen what she wants, navaldesign. It looks to me like the effect will be a kind of 'feeeze pane' effect, when in fact she wants the length - and possibly width - of the page to be fluid according to user input.

Comment

hi Im new, I have tried for two weeks now to build a website with those "easy" free sites to no avail. I just downloaded voda but have just been reading and learning.It looks real easy. as soon as I get my website up,I will definitly need someone to let me know if it's ok...so It will be awhile,but I will post it when it's done. And I did want to introduce myself to the community. My real time name is VALERIE, I'm disabled with fibromyalgoa,and have been off work for two years.It's definitly no fun but I try to deal with it the best I can. So Nice to meet you all and i'm sure Ill see you around again. bye for now

Comment

Originally posted by AJ113 View Post
                  Not sure the CSS link is going to give Karen what she wants, navaldesign. It looks to me like the effect will be a kind of 'feeeze pane' effect, when in fact she wants the length - and possibly width - of the page to be fluid according to user input.
                  The css templates can do a lot of things, among them keep the right and left columns fixed, to whatever screen width, and also to whatever screen length. Just look at the templates in dynamic drive (they are not the only ones)
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Naval,

I can design those all day long, and do the dreamweaver ones all day long.. what i wanted was a way to make bv do that with the shapes etc..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X