Thin line for Tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thin line for Tables

I'm afraid we are talking different languages here. So i will answer you and then finish it here.

Originally posted by sinisa72******.com View Post
    Thank you Naval ,
    1) RE: Blue Voda Lacks thin Lines

I never said I had a problem with how HTML works, all I said is there is a genuine need to have thin lines for tables.

How that is accomplished and weather you use java ,xhtml , css or any other programming language it is entirely choice of a programmer!Right?

Since Blue Voda lacks thin line feature for tables it is a Blue Voda Problem!

The facts are it can be done and any person that needs it ,cannot have it!
    Absolutely wrong!

HTML is the page description language. Java, Javascript, css, php and ANY other programing language, finaly outputs pure HTML! It is not invented by BV or ANY other website builder. It is built according to international standars and you can't change them. What you ask is NOT at the moment doable simply because HTML can't do it. End.

2) RE: Site search
    As far as I know the landing page for that type of site search is google or yahoo which takes users away from your site and as you said clearly not an option for a small business!( correct me if I am wrong about the landing page )
    Correct, the landing page is that of the SE.

Again, i explained why it can't be done by a medium experienced user as it requires actions that go beneath what an automated procedure can do. It COULD be doable on a dedicated server, but not on a shared hosting due to implications with database, php and so on. On shared hosting, the user would need to create the database, setup the script and more...You admitted that to install your search script you needed my help. The average user will hardly be able to do it.

3) Improvements in blue Voda
    Actually I am right about Blue Voda not making improvements (I say that with obvoius limitations) here is why !You said that forms are new feature.

Forms are basic tools yet it took Blue Voda centuries before only last year they implemented them!
    Forms have ALWAYS been there. But, if you go to Go D a d d y and other famous hoster's forums (if they have any forum at all....) you will find out that they ALL have issues with forms, and form processing has always been a hard problem to deal with. Allow me to know better than you, since i have installed form processing scripts for customers of most known hosting companies. What I said that is new in BV is the built in form processsor (which, to my knowledge is only a feature of a bunch of site builders around the worls, most of which are online, and thus dedicated to the hosting company that offers the sitebuilder to its customers). The ease of use of the BV form wizard and built in form processor are unique.

While some may argue that , how about spelling?

That too took years before it was implemeted and that only few months back. If that is not dark ages you tell me!
    Spelling check is a basic tool! No comment!!
    What you might don't know, is that spellcheckers are based on dictionaries. Those are paid for! and well paid! So BV has implemented this feature when one was made available as open source.

Let me say just that by adding basic features and letting users know how they are "New features " instead of "corrections" is not fooling anyone!
    Something that doesn't exist in a version and is added in a newer version IS a new feature. If you want to call it a "correction" you are free to do so. I would be interested in knowing how many users share your opinion or mine...

4) RE: Slide Show
    This too can be done as the matter of fact the smooth transition in Java is a very small script .Instead in Blue Voda in the slide show provided pictures appear abruptly as in a cheesy movie.
    For anyone to tell me that can't be patched in instead the old one is simply not true!
    You seem to be very sure about what you are stating. I confess that with several thousands hrs of programing in my luggage, i don't know how to do it. You seem instead pretty sure...

5) Roll over text and image for the shape tool
    Here is another one ,
    Blue Voda has few button imagefeatures .They all lack something or are made with intention to make you feel like there are alot of features !

For instance:

a) You can rollover image but you do not have a way to add text for links so text to can rollover as well (change color)

b)Button tool,
    The same thing, you can place any type of button but you cannot change color of the text so you are stuck !

c) Navigation tool has a button image and text rollover but no way of placing your button image.Again youre stuck...
    I still don't understand what you mean, as in my previous post.
    a. I would LOVE you to post a link to some site that has this feature, never seen it (until today) anywhere
    b. Do you mean the nav bar ? the Form control buttons ? what ? The submit and reset buttons CAN be replaced by image buttons, you simply name them "submit" or "reset" and they behave as such. And you can use whatever image of your own you like (I use 3D like arrows for my customers)
    c. Wrong. The nav bar can accept ANY image you want, as long as you add it in the buttons library. There is a post of mine in the Tips and Trics section that explains this.

In ALL cases you can create the images (normal and mouseover) WITH the text you like (same or different color for the two cases) and use a rollover as a navigation button.

Threre are many things we can say about Blue Voda that we can say about many website builders the difference is I paid for this service and I am stuck trying to correct things!
    You pay for the hosting. THIS is the service. Other hosting companies offer much less for the same or a higher price. And, please note that this is a free market.. You are not obliged to stuck with VH. BV, on the contrary of other hosting companies where the sitebuilder is online (and for this reason available ONLY AFTER they have paid) is available even before you signup, so you can fullytest and see if it is ok for you.

If I say I need thin lines for tables and you say, That is not our problem talk to HTML , that leaves me without an option!
    In fact, there isn't. As i siad, HTML is designed by an international non profit consortium. IF, in the future, they change this, BV will implement it.

Another thing Blue Voda Is NOT FREE! You have to pay Voda Host because only Voda host supports Blue Voda website builder on their encrypted server .
    Wrong. You pay for the HOSTING. You pay for the servers, for the necessary software that is used for the servers, you pay for the lines that are necessary for the comunication with the rest of the world, you pay for the staff that takes care of everything, you pay for the support you get when needed. And you get a FREE tool to build your site, which is up to you to use or not. If you feel that BV is so poor in features, simply use whatever other tool you want and best suits you.

No tool in the world (software) ever was created right from the start in its final version. I pay $$$$ each year in maintainance fees to keep my professional software updated. because almost every couple of months (even more often..) there is an update, a bug fix, a security patch and so on. Before stating that BV is not improved or enriched, please compare version 7 with the current one (3 years of distance..)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X