I wish BV had clear background buttons, so I wouldn't end up with four little white triangles surounding my buttons.CIRCUS PET
clear buttons
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Re: clear buttons
Hi circuspet,
what you are asking for is not that simple, even for graphics programs. I suggest that you do this: choose the button image that you want to use, as well as the mouse over image form the BV button library. Copy them to Photoshop, and eliminate the borders (the white area around the button itself) then save it as transparent gif, save it in the BV button library and use it for your menu. Another solution would be to color the white triangles around the button, with the same colour as your background.
The simplest way: copy the picture from here, save it in your BV button library. It usually is in C:\programs\BlueVoda Website Builder\navbar
Then edit your menubar in BV: go in Style, and choose the button image that you have just saved. You're done.
Navaldesign
Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!
-
-
Re: clear buttons
It took awhile to figure out how to do it, but now that it's done , my site looks much cleaner. Thanks again.
Comment
-
Re: clear buttons
Did you remember to save, then publish, then review? The review will show your work as it is on the web, sometimes different than it looks on your BV builder page. When they are different it's a good indication a setting, ( like page properties ) is incorrect. If the connsept of web site building is new to you, as it was to me, go slow and careful. Repairing inital errors farther down the road can cost much time.
P.S. All the tutorial videos have a little recorder at the bottom of the page with a pause and a rewind. Take notes! The embarasment you save will be your own.
Comment
-
Re: clear buttons
Navaldesign:
I will atempt to convert my big top image (bitmap) to GIF with Photo Shop and see if I can get a clear background. It seams to be the slowest
loading image I use.
Comment
-
Re: clear buttons
It's the animated GIF that's heavy, not the header. The header is 4.6 Kb, the animated 360 KbNavaldesign
Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!
Comment
-
Re: Images and buttons disappear!
You should always "Refresh" your browser after making changes and publishing those changes....IE 'stores' the last viewed page for quick recall, and is not always the most intelligent about looking for a more current version!Originally posted by frankewHi,
do you know why I could not see any images or buttons I attached on the preview mode? Thanks!
frankiew
Comment
-
-
Re: clear buttons
Is there any way to make clear backgrounds on menu bars? I have a color gradient in the layer behind the menu bar, so a solid background color wouldn't really work. I know this feature is available with text, so I suppose I could just use hyperlinked text instead of a menu bar if this doesn't exist for menu bars. Thanks!!
Comment
-
Re: clear buttons
Just downloaded the new version of paint.net 2.7 the tools have improved, although I haven't had time yet to play with it , I'm hoping for transparent backgrounds. This is a free program that imports images from your files flips and rotates and resizes. Anyone into griphics should try this one, it does translucent layers. check forum search for paint.net.
Comment
-
Re: clear buttons
hey circuspet.com my wife said she likes your site but thought you may want to look at your spelling on runaway you have it runnaway
Comment
-
Re: clear buttons
actually, i have been working with an really cool program called:
BrowserBob Professional
they have a feature where the corners that aren't transparent are filled with solid color..and they call it the alpha color which in turn will make these colored areas completely transparent...
www.browserbob.com this is very nice program for GUI developers you can create brandable apps free and freely distribute and sell your apps.
i wonder if we can rip apart its inards and snag those codes..muahahah
sign here, here, here, oh and over there. lol just goofin around..seriously though, check it out. Just don't beat to my finish line...lets do it together at the same time, ok.
Comment
-
Re: clear buttons
naghosthunter:
Glad to see your wife reconfirming her good taste. I haven't reproofed my site in a few months, guess I'd better get with it.
Thanks and happy hollidays to you and yours,
Circus Pet
Comment






Comment