X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do i need ssl

Originally posted by sameer
    well vasili,

i'm new to credit card payments online and if my client want's something on his website, why should i lose the client just because i don't know how to do this stuff. if i can find enough resource on the net and try to do it though some other third party (note: the third party is just for the secure online registration processing) then why not get the job done. Just "getting it done" outside of standard practices may be illegal....that is why I suggested you learn from the video tutorials for free shopping carts here at VodaHost how processing payments and credit cards works (learn by trying to configure the function).

well, i'm not hesitant to tell u that my work is for nepalmarathon.com and yes they are my personal clinet i'm not reselling this to any other person. i'm well aware that i cann't resell my hosing plans to any third party and why should i. If your client is as important as they seem, it is extremely important for you to do everything "by the book."

and yes thanks for the quote, "Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan!"

this should realy apply to me. i only work 4 what i know, other stuff i try to search on the net. u c i play same :) Not quite. Searching the net for bits and pieces of information that you personally try to put together for a greater understanding is faulty at best, and a waste of time at worst. Everything you need to know is here at VodaHost, and every technology you could desire is also here.....
    ......for instance:

1. Did you know that in addition to using PayPal FREE (by far the easiest and versatile method to transact by credit card, and even checks!), as a VodaHost customer you also have the opportunity to have a FREE merchant account established??? You need to Submit a Support Ticket to request this, and you should study about the differences first....(like I suggested, go to the Marathon's Bank and ask THEM what you need to know and take care of to deposit funds into their pre-established account)

2. I am suspect of your unwillingness to move past trying to use "third-party processing" and caution you to reconsider. Hopefully, you are not trying to process monies collected on behalf of the Marathon and then charging them a "fee" which you would keep a portion of what was orignally collected.......we call this "skimming" and is the very reason processors do not allow third-party ANYTHING....(maybe Nepal/China has different rules, but you will find processors to all be on the same page, and are not willing to allow such processing schemes --- again, that is why I strongly suggest you contact the bank you will be depositing funds into: they will instruct you on their preferences and processes...)

You have a lot of planning ahead of you!
    Good Luck!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sameer - I'm not sure that you are asking for 3rd party - just how to automate the system - which can be done with some processors and banks.

What you are talking about would require storing the person's information - and, to do that, like Vasili says - it would have to be done with a bank/gateway that has all the secure encryption to do so. You, personally, would never want to be seeing the person's credit card information.

Now, there are ways, like Karen mentioned, that aren't quite as automated. The bank and gateway I use gives me access to bring up current customers by name or their account with my stores and post new charges to their accounts. This is a manual procedure- and I still do not have access to their credit card numbers. This I often use for large customers who order and pay in increments - usually a percentage down and the rest on shipment/delivery.

You need to talk to banks/gateways that are available to you where you are located.

I think the problem here might be the term 3rd party - Sameer - are you thinking the bank/gateway is a 3rd party?
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

hello,

now my client (nepalmarathon.com) has seen a similar site kathmandumarathon.com and in it the registration process is processed by some third website (signmeup.com), which i suppose is not a bank.

now since i will not be offering the credit card processing, since it will be a lot of hassle and since it considers hard earned cash of the credit card owners, i have to be very serious of the service i offer(rather i suggest) to my client (nepalmarathon.com).

i did go through the soholaunch online manual, but i think it would not be appropriate for a marathon registration and credit card processing?
        nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

Did you know that in addition to using PayPal FREE (by far the easiest and versatile method to transact by credit card, and even checks!), as a VodaHost customer you also have the opportunity to have a FREE merchant account established??? You need to Submit a Support Ticket to request this, and you should study about the differences first....(like I suggested, go to the Marathon's Bank and ask THEM what you need to know and take care of to deposit funds into their pre-established account)
          Unfortunately this is not always the case, while internet merchant accounts are easily and readily available to US, European and most first world country residents, many people that reside in countries like India, Russia, China, etc… have a much harder time obtaining merchant account due to the lack and immaturity of the banking systems in there home countries. This is why third party processors like PayPal, 2CO, World Pay, Planet Payment, etc…are many times the only options.

For example you can not get a US merchant account or open a US bank account with out a Social Securtity number...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
            Unfortunately this is not always the case, while internet merchant accounts are easily and readily available to US, European and most first world country residents, many people that reside in countries like India, Russia, China, etc… have a much harder time obtaining merchant account due to the lack and immaturity of the banking systems in there home countries. This is why third party processors like PayPal, 2CO, World Pay, Planet Payment, etc…are many times the only options.

For example you can not get a US merchant account or open a US bank account with out a Social Securtity number...
            Understood, General.....that is why the recurrant suggestion to inquire "in-country" and on behalf of formal planning.

Additionally, my suggestions would have created a series of responses by Sameer to realize the options and how they would predicate the structure of the site (whether he could do it/set it up FOR them, or if it needed to be construed by the "client" themselves -- thus eliminating any question about 3rd party, skimming, or complicity whatsoever.) That is exactly why I suggested openly a PayPal medium, and furthered the idea trail by mentioning a Free VH Merchant account....demonstrating that there are MANY methods open to him, not all having been considered previously.....

This is not intended to be argumentative, but more explanation to earlier posts which seem to have been mis-read, or not seen with the depth hinted at.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Just a fyi - Paypal is not available to many of these countries, either - as a member of this forum could tell you. She's in Malaysia and that is a country Paypal doesn't cover. She got around the problem because she banks in a country that paypal will cover.

We did an intensive search for a solution for her - found one (she's building in Soho) - then discovered that Soho doesn't connect to that payment gateway. Which is when we went back to the drawing board and Karen and I worked with her - discovered her bank was out-of-country - and sent her back to Paypal to see if that would solve her dilemma. So far, so good.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Vasilli,

What Beth says is true. We work with many in third world countries, so yes we get around the international marketing perspective much more than you give us credit for. As well as merchants in Austrailia, New Zealand, and most of Europe. Paypal isnt a viable option and most likely he will be looking at MSI in Singapore for his transactions, and there are indeed ways to set up what you are referring to as 3rd party, and being paid a fee for it. Its just not a standard account, but a service and if the bank knows up front and you arent doing anything ILLEGAL, and thats your business, it can indeed be done.

I like you Vasili but sometimes I just wanna slap you with a PROZAC, gees! Let the guy explain himself before any of us JUMP to conclusions, or over the cliff.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hi,

ok, i do understand that i cannot open a paypal account here in my country. but i guess, that will not give me a problem, cause my client (nepalmarathon.com) is a resident of germany and he should not have any problem for the paypal.

i hope that should help solve the problem.

i'm just a solution provider. i show my client the way to do that, but he has to do all the stuff out there in germany. i just design the webpage and make sure it looks cool and tidy. i am a designer.

:)
                  nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

Working...
                  X