Protecting Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Protecting Files

Ey naval, when you tell Store them in a database, you are talking about save the link path of the file (something like: "http://wowmusic.com/music/adfjaf784jksgyua4/asjewsyfkl4/kjafnaosuifeh.mp3") or directly store the file inside of mysql?

Comment

Originally posted by Ogeid
      Ey naval, when you tell Store them in a database, you are talking about save the link path of the file (something like: "http://wowmusic.com/music/adfjaf784jksgyua4/asjewsyfkl4/kjafnaosuifeh.mp3") or directly store the file inside of mysql?
      I meant storing the files straight into the database. However, storing the path is also efficient, as long as the files are not PDF. PDF files get indexed, mp3s don't. So, if the files are PDF the MySQL storage is the best, if they are mp3s, storing the path of the file and using a download script to retreive the path and allow the download, is better. I.e. , our Instant download manager uses this second method.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval... Your Instant Download Manager/Cart works great; for downloads.
        Could I utilize that same data base to Preview the mp3 on my site? So when visitor clicks a link to hear a preview the database delivers it to the player??
        Thanks Doug

Comment

Yes, it could be done, but would require a script to retreive the file and deliver it to the player. But why ? Ι mean, since the preview files are to be freely downloaded / listened, why should they be in the database ?
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

What you say is true ... but..I'm just wondering... because the mp3 files address (link) can be called on by anyone/anytime for any purpose...Doug

Comment

If the file is freely available on your site (for preview purposes), it is by definition available for anyone / at any time / for any purpose:
              Navaldesign

Comment

Ok then... that's that..... thanks for clarification...Doug

Comment

Working...
                X