Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Security

Ok, i see that you have now uploaded the file. As you see, register_globals is set to Off as promissed.
    What you see in CP (php settings) is what the server settings are, infact this is why you asked for a workaround.

Register_globals is ON for the server, but OFF for your own account and site.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi naval,
      I am working in joomla,when I open CP it says
      Following PHP Server Settings are not optimal for Security and it is recommended to change them:
      • PHP register_globals setting is `ON` instead of `OFF`
      Please check the Official Joomla! Server Security post for more information.

thats why I need to set it off but it is still "on"

thx

Comment

I had suggested that you did these operations in the interested folder. If this folder is "joomla" then there is where you should repeat the above tasks.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So how can I set off for my server

Comment

Hi Naval
            I have downloaded in my domain"s root directory, would that be different in joomla?

Comment

Hi naval.
              sorry to bother you again.
              Now I have downloaded these both code to my joomla folder.
              when I put in my browser
              http://www.my domail name/com/joomla/modify_php_ini.php
              It says
              Not Found

The requested URL /joomla/modify_php_ini.php was not found on this server.
              Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
              Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at bigsales Port 80

Please advise ,where did I make mistake?
              in joomla under php information it is still showing ""on""
              thx

Comment

If you get such an error, you have probably made a mistake in uploadin the file, OR the file was changed permissions whilst uploading.

Connect with FTP, browse your Joomla folder, and check to see if the file is there, and, if Yes, check that its permissions are set to 644, if not set them to be so.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval
                  It showing both files in joomla folder with 0644 permission

???

Comment

Sorry, but i have no more guesses. I would need to enter your site to see what might be wrong. If you wish, send me your login details and i will see what i can do.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X