Erasing old pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erasing old pages

I have just published my website www.readphotography.ca but a couple of pages babies-toddlers and teens-adults, and some times my home page still come up with pictures in them I have deleted. They are the pics. that look compressed. I will then republish the page-then it works. It seems like everytime I go to the website it is back to the old way. Is this because I have to delete some things in control panel? I am trying to learn more about it but I can't get the tutorial videos to finish.
    Thanks for the help. deb

Re: Erasing old pages

It could be one of two things:
    1. your browser cache is holding a copy of the image:

Easily clear the cache on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, & iPad While your browser cache usually helps websites load faster, it can sometimes prevent you from seeing the most up-to-date version of a webpage. In some cases, an old or...

2. Much less likely, there is a caching proxy server between your client PC and website, seeing the same link requested, instead of getting the info from your website, it will say 'hey, I have a copy of this page in my cache' and serve you back it's cached copy vs your updated copy.

Comment

Also make sure that you didn't change the name of the page in someway and you are linking to the old page.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Ok thank you for the help. It is not my browser caching or the names of my pages. What do I do to fix it?

Comment

I could have told you that

Ok, my advice would be to open the gallery in BV. Remove ALL the photos and then put them in again (including new ones)

Republish
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Ramsey, but didn't I do that when I changed everything from a lightbox to a regular gallery?

Comment

Yes, but are you not saying that you also changed a couple of images after that?
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

No, I didn't change any images since I replaced the lightbox. This has been happening since I published the website. I reallly would appreciate if someone could help me figure this out. It dosn't just happen on my computer, its what is actually on the website and it looks bad. Pictures that aren't supposed to be on my home page are and they look distorted. One pic. on both of the other pages I mentioned earlier aren't supposed to be there and they look distorted as well.

Comment

You may have a couple of images named the same? Personally I would remove all pictures off this page and redo.

Comment

So your saying to cut my galleries and banner. Rename the pictures in their folders. Then make the galleries and banner again?

Comment

Sorry, was away feeding the dogs... Yes redo them, but only rename them if they need renaming. Reasons to rename are:

any capital letters in the names
                      any gaps in the name
                      any - in the gaps.

use all lower case and if you must seperate words use underscore(_)

Comment

LOL... I'm surprised if I have time to even sit here for 5 min. at a time!
                        I think that worked!! Now if I can just figure out the control panel. Thanks. deb

Comment

Told you it would - You know where to come back to now

Comment

Working...
                          X