Publishing problem with add on domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing problem with add on domain

I bought a new domain from Blue Voda. I think I configured it correctly. I added it on to my web hosting. I published and all it shows is a list of files and images of the individual pages. (www.bmwexpertbuyer.com)

Does anyone have any idea what I have done wrong?

Re: Publishing problem with add on domain

There is no index file in the list displayed.

When you click on www.bmwexpertbuyer.com
    with no file name, it looks for index file with lower case.

Create your index file and publish it.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Re: Publishing problem with add on domain

well this will probably be a long answer. you have to answer some questions first. when you added on the name did you do it in the cpanel. i will assume you did as there is a tutorial on add on domains. now you need a separate folder on your hard drive called
      bmwexpertbuyer - in this folder you should have an image and a media folder.
      and this same folder should exist at the server. you can add that folder using your ftp tool.
      now that you have the folders done, you need to make an index page for your new site.
      when you save this index page you save it to the proper folder on your harddrive. and when you publish this you should have it published to:

hope this helps, watch the video a few times.
      each page after the index should be saved in the correct folder and published just like you did the index page.
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
      X