X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adding additional domain names to our website

Hello,
    I have watched all of the tutorial videos and have even read through the forums. My question is when I add on domains is there any way for the website to just be the new domain name. for example.
    if my main site is www.mainsite.com and then I add on other domains can't the other domains just be www.2nddomain.com or www.3rddomian.com I have paid for 2 additional domains and when I go to them they are not my site, I did a who is, and they are registered to me. when I went through the control panel to add the domain as instructed and then I published as instructed even using the "public_???/2nddomain. but the only way to get to my site online is www.2nddomain.mainsite.com what am I doing wrong.
    John

Comment

Introducing myself and I

Hi, this is george from Nigeria. I discovered this site and I first of all like to say a big hello to all the members of vodahost. I sincerely hope that this will be the beginning of good fortunes for my company on the creation of this website amongst others.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfletcher
        Hello,
        I have watched all of the tutorial videos and have even read through the forums. My question is when I add on domains is there any way for the website to just be the new domain name. for example.
        if my main site is www.mainsite.com and then I add on other domains can't the other domains just be www.2nddomain.com or www.3rddomian.com I have paid for 2 additional domains and when I go to them they are not my site, I did a who is, and they are registered to me. when I went through the control panel to add the domain as instructed and then I published as instructed even using the "public_???/2nddomain. but the only way to get to my site online is www.2nddomain.mainsite.com what am I doing wrong.
        John
        You have probably not yet set up the nameservers of the new domains. You must enter your CP - not the VH one, but the VHdomains, or your Voda modernbilling CP, or the CP of your registrar if he's a third party, - and change the nameservers to be the same as the ones of your main site. After that, if you have correctly setup the addon domains in your VH CP, your new sites will be directly accessible. Please allow 24 -48 hrs for dns propagation.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Introducing myself and I

Originally posted by georgee
          Hi, this is george from Nigeria. I discovered this site and I first of all like to say a big hello to all the members of vodahost. I sincerely hope that this will be the beginning of good fortunes for my company on the creation of this website amongst others.
          Hi Georgee, welcome in Vodaland. Happy website building.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello, I find so much help on this forum, but I haven't seen the solution to this. My main site is www.filomi.com and I purchased a new add-on domain name jimdhardysports.com and received a confirmation letter on July 17. I understand that I have to wait for a welcome letter. When it didn't arrive I went back to check the status and purchased it again, and it was still availsble which I found stange. Also when trying to re purchase it and logging in to my account my password would not work.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfletcher
              Hello,
              John
              Perhaps this will help you....
              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/52973-post11.html
              Diana
              www.dianasdesigns2.com

Comment

I can only suggest to check id the procedure was completed the first time or not. If it has not been completed (with payment), it gets aborted after 24 hours. As for the loggin, check again. Where did you purchase your domain the first time? in Vodahost Domains, or through the $2.95 offer?
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi,

I have just purchased a domain name from a other sources.. and have the nameservers to ns1.vodahost.com and ns2.vodahost.com. also I have created an "addon" domain using cpanel

I went to "ftp manager' under cpanel and notice that the add on domain is there...

When I created an index.html to be upload to /public.html/site2, how come the index.html has not shown yet.

May I know how long we vodahost.com propagnate the domain transfer?

Thanks,
                  Eddy

Comment

Try to see if your new home page is accessible with the link http://www.oldsite.com/site2 If yes, then your index page is correctly published, and it should only be a question of DNS propagation which may take up to 48 hrs (in very rare cases 72 hrs)

If not, then your new index page has not been published correctly.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I am trying to purchase a new domain name through Voda Host Domain Wizard. I have entered c-cubed.com into the register and it shows that it is already registered. When I then check Whois it shows that c-cubed.com is available. How can I obtain this domain name?

Yours truly,

John Cooke

Comment

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
                        with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
                        for detailed information.

Domain Name: C-CUBED.COM
                        Registrar: INNERWISE, INC. D/B/A ITSYOURDOMAIN.COM
                        Whois Server: whois.itsyourdomain.com
                        Referral URL: http://www.itsyourdomain.com
                        Name Server: NS3.1??????OSTING.COM
                        Name Server: NS4.1??????OSTING.COM
                        EPP Status: ok
                        Updated Date: 05-Aug-2006
                        Creation Date: 02-Mar-2000
                        Expiration Date: 02-Mar-2009

Sorry, taken.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

hi

I did an add-on for my domain name, www.mymlmblog.com After I redirect it to www.mymlmblog.com/index.html in CP and installed wordpress via fantastico for my blog, I couldn't go to http://mymlmblog.com/wp-admin/ to do a post in my blog. Why is this so? All I can see is that my domain in parked.

Please Advice and Thanks In Advance.

Alex

Comment

www.mymlmblog.com is registered thtough Godaddy.com. If you have set your blog in your VodaHost account, you need to enter your Godaddy CP and set the DNS to point at your VH account servers.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

i have read your instruction, followed it throughand added a new domain to my account epropertie.co.uk, but only my index page comes up www.choirsound.com. the rest of the pages do not load and says "the requested url is not found". can you please help me. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X