Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 websites sharing the same public folder ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 websites sharing the same public folder ?

You host my domain www.expresshomebuyers.biz. Designed my site with Blue Voda Builder, uploaded pages etc. and the site works really well, thanks.

Have just bought another domain from you www.rapidpropertybuyers.biz and added to my account as a sub domain, using the control panel.

When i enter the address into my web browser i can see the 'INDEX of' folder, so guess all is ok here

When I design the new web pages with Blue Voda do I upload them to the same place as my Expresshomebuyers.biz pages using the same upload settings?

How do i differenciate between the two sites, because both will have an index page called index?

I didnt want to just upload a test index page in case it replaced my main index page

Thanks
    Robert

Re: 2 websites sharing the same public folder ?

Originally posted by robert clark
    You host my domain www.expresshomebuyers.biz. Designed my site with Blue Voda Builder, uploaded pages etc. and the site works really well, thanks.

Have just bought another domain from you www.rapidpropertybuyers.biz and added to my account as a sub domain, using the control panel.

You would need to add this as an add on domain in your control panel, not a sub domain. You would also need to point your new domain name (if this is not already done) to your two servers, found in your welcome mail, go into your account and be sure these are entered there, your account is at the top right hand corner of your welcome email)

When i enter the address into my web browser i can see the 'INDEX of' folder, so guess all is ok here

Sounds like it is there ....

When I design the new web pages with Blue Voda do I upload them to the same place as my Expresshomebuyers.biz pages using the same upload settings?

You make a new folder on your computer for this domain, and you build a page called index, and save it in this new folder, you then publish it as index to public_html/rapidpropertybuyers

How do i differenciate between the two sites, because both will have an index page called index?

By creating a new folder on your computer for your new domain, this will allow you to have its own index page and publish to its own folder public_html/rapidpropertybuyers

(Be careful when publishing, it is easy to forget to change the text in the box public_html to public_html/rapidpropertybuyers and then when publishing to your first domain, removing the /rapidpropertybuyers

I didnt want to just upload a test index page in case it replaced my main index page

Thanks
    Robert

Hope this helps....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: 2 websites sharing the same public folder ?

Thanks for the info, all is working great

Comment

Working...
      X