Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, help me....

hi!
    It looks like I managed to do transfer of my domain to bv. now I have 2 domain in my bv account. but something is not as I wanted. my first website www.tatraview.com is fine. but when I published index page of my second website (www.widl.org.uk) and checked it's URL in cpalnel I notcied that URL is www.tatraview.com/widl/index.html

What should I doo to have www.widl.org.uk not www.tatraview.com/widl/index.html ? These websites are completely different and I don't want to have this to set up like that.

Please, help me. I really want to have this website published as soon as it possible... and I'm stuck...

Vila

Re: Please, help me....

It's the same. If you have added widl.org as addon domain, the CP wizard creates a folder, called widl and declares it to the dns system as default folder for the new domain. When you will type www.widl.org.uk in your browser, it will automatically point to this folder.

However, your site is still pointed elsewhere, you need to point your naqmeservers to your VH account. So, i don't really understand what you mean by "I managed to do transfer of my domain to bv"
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

First - Thanks Naval for the answer.

hmm.. ok I thought I did it. I created an account and did transfer. it cost over $16. but there was a message on the bottom of the page "Transfer Pending - Awaiting Release from Current Registrar". (but I didn't get any e-mail about confirmation) I left the threat on the forum asksing what I should do next and I didn't get any answer. I decided to add on domain and then to publish the index page. and it worked. I mean when I typed www.tatraview.com/widl/index :(

So - what should I do with this transfer?

Thanks

Vila

Comment

You need to enter your CP with your registrar (1&1) and point the nameservers to your VH account.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval!
          Thanks for you help but I have to admit that I don't understand what to do :( I'm not good in it. I don't know where to go after I open my cpanel. I don't understand this 1&1, so - I don't know how to point the nameserver to my vh acconut. :( (and I think something was wrong with transfering because I still didn't get any confirmation e-mail)

I feel stupid asking for very easy instruction, or asking about sth tat for many people is easy, but I really don't nderstand many things and I can either stuck or admit my ignorance and ask for help.

Could you write for me in an easy stpes what to do, please?

Vila

Comment

Your domain is still with 1 & 1 . Click on www.widl.org.uk to see it. Your name servers are pointed to their servers, click on http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....ww.widl.org.uk

to verify. You need to enter the CP that you have with THEM and change the nameservres, or ask them to do it for you.

Then you can go on with the transfer if they have not yet done anything.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you Naval, now I understand more. I will try to do this. Hopefully this will be the last reply in this threat...

Vila

Comment

Working...
              X