X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Next?

Hello out there in cyberspace,

I have spent the last week working with BV Support to transfer a domain name I had with Homestead (www.bubbeesbeads.COM) to BV where I have (www.bubbeesbeads.ORG) I believe the transfer is now complete. I have built and published a website on BV (the .org site) which has been up for about three months. I want to change it to read .com now that it was just transferred to my name.

So dear BV friends, What Do I Do Next??

Thanks, Mindy

Re: What Next?

All you have to do is create your .com as an addon site and it will point to your new .org site. This way when someone types in your site using .com or .org the same site shows up. There is a great tutorial on this in BV, it really explains it well.
    Good luck
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Hey Mindy... I was just looking at your site and I noticed your 'magnetic beads'. It would be a good idea to do some research on those beads which are really Hematite. Hematite is a naturally magnetic stone that is very popular right now. Besides being magnetic the Hematite is said to draw negative energy out of the body. I am a firm believer in this as my niece, who is the most negative person in the world can not wear Hematite for too long. The stones will break and crumble while she is wearing them.... Did I mention she was really negative?
      The background on Hematite would be a good selling feature... I am sure you can google it and find tons of info.
      Naturally Yours,
      Dori
      www.earthelixirs.com
      www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

There are two ways:
        1. you can park the .com site. This way it will use the same files of the .org. Not very good for SE though.
        2. You add the .com as addon. You take your .org site files, built in BV, you change all the links, so that they become .com, and publish all the files in the folder of the .com domain.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks to you for the information ... However, you are dealing with a computer idiot!.... What does "park" my .com site mean? What is an "add-on"? Do you mean transferring all my pages to my .com parked site (whatever that means) and changing all the orgs to coms? Which Links to I change? How do I make one site point to another? I'm totally confused........by the way Dori, thanks for info on hematite. I certainly will look into it. :)thx again.............and HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

Comment

Addon domain: a domain that is added on your hosting account. It is by all meand an independent domain, but shares the same disk space as your main one.

Addon domains are added in your account through your CP: click on Addon Domains and follow the wizard. This will also create a folder, inside your public_html, where you need to publish the pages for the new site (.com)

Park a domain instead is a procedure (always through CP) that makes it so that when a user triws to reach your .com domain, he gets the pages of the main account: in other words, the .com domain uses the same pages as your .org which is the main domain associated with your account.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Naval, and Dori,
              Did I do this correctly? If not, please tell me what to correct. thx. Mindy

Bind reloading on voda10 using rndc zone: [bubbeesbeads.org] The subdomain, bubbeesbeads.bubbeesbeads.org has been added.

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 216.40.47.18,64.97.159.10,65.22.7.10 Bind reconfiguring on voda10 using rndc
              Created DNS entry for bubbeesbeads.com
              bubbeesbeads.com was successfully parked on top of bubbeesbeads.bubbeesbeads.orgNotification => *****@vodahost.com via EMAIL [level => 3]
              Syncing Ftp Databases....Done

bubbeesbeads.com has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain bubbeesbeads.bubbeesbeads.org. FTP access has been granted with the user name bubbeesbeads@bubbeesbeads.org and the password dreznik.

Comment

Hi Bubbee... that is way out of my league and someone with much more experience will have to weigh in on this one.

You are welcome for the info on hematite!
                Naturally Yours,
                Dori
                www.earthelixirs.com
                www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

the .com is now set up as a sub domain on the .org.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,

Beth to the rescue again........:) Does this mean that if someone tries to use the .com address it will automatically transfer them to the .org site? thats great

buttttttttttttttttt.............

its not exactly what I wanted. I wanted to transfer everything to .com now that its a BV address. Is it possible to do that? What steps do I have to take? I am thinking that my hits will increase if people don't think I'm a non profit organization....lol

Thx, Mindy

Comment

Mindy, follow the directions given to you by Naval to do that.
                      2. You add the .com as addon. You take your .org site files, built in BV, you change all the links, so that they become .com, and publish all the files in the folder of the .com domain.
                      And just by adding the subdomain, everyone is not coming to the .org from the .com - you would have to redirect. But I do recommend you not do that and that you DO republish all the pages as .com - THEN go in and do PAGE redirects in your control panel from the .org to the .com for awhile. Eventually, you can just have the .org pointing to the .com.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I'll try Beth..........keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Dear Beth,

Right about now I am feeling very ignorant. I tried, and I understand the terminology but don't know how to carry through on Naval's instructions. I know I have to resave, and republish, but WHERE DO I CHANGE THE .ORG TO .COM? I can't find it. I know I can do it if I have step by step instructions. Do I open a new index? file? clone?.,Please don't be annoyed and see if you can help me.
                          Thanks, Mindy

Comment

Actually, you can simply publish ALL the pages to the add-on domain - which means, call up each page, then click to publish - then change it from public_html to
                            public_html/bubbeesbeads

(this is confusing cuz both your domain names are the same - but they aren't LOL) Publishing to the 2nd one there will publish it to the .com

After the are ALL published and showing, you'll need to do redirects on all the .org pages/
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Very confusing for me too. If i undrstood well from the above posts, bubbee has created a SUBdomain, and alsp PARKED the .com domain in this new subdomain ????? Why all this ? Then neeeding to redirect also ????? From the .org to the .com ?

Bubbee, maybe i have not understood well what you want to do. Would you mind explaining me excactly what you want to have, as domains, and how should they work ? Please answer these questions:

1. Do you want two independent domains, bubbeesbeads.org and bubbeesbeads.com ?
                              or
                              2. Do you want one of them to be the main domain, and the other automatically redirect visitors to the pages of the first one ?
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X