X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• addon domain

Hi!
    There has probably been a similar question before, but I can't find it. '
    I just created an addon domain. I have a domain registered here in Norway, but I wanted to use Bluevoda to create the site. Everything went well, the site is redirecting to my vodahost site, but it also shows in the address field that it's an addon domain... How can I work around that, that I use my Vodahost account, but that what shows in the address field is the other web-adress : www.multifiks.no and not: http://multifiks.anitainnorway.com/index.html
    Thanks for any answer!
    /Anita

Re: addon domain

Is this your Main Domain that you opened with voda host? http://www.anitainnorway.com

Is this your domain that you would like to add on to your voda hosting account? http://www.multifiks.no

??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

There is no problem hosting your Norsk site here at VodaHost!

Versa godt! Welkommen!

You will need to keep your .no domain where it is, and merely make the DNS (nameserver) changes after your account is set up and your website is loaded/published to "point" to VodaHost.

To add this domain as an add-on, merely type it in the first box, and it will automatically populate the second box for you (if it does not -- due to it being a ".no" extension, then you will need to manually enter it, following the same format as suggested -- multiflix.anitainnorway.com).
      Then, you will need to return to your Norsk domain seller, and in that Control Panel, reset the nameservers to point to the proper IP as listed on your account (remember, when entering DNS changes, you will need to enter the "paired" servers, which can be seen HERE in relation to your account IP; example NS1.VODAHOST.COM and NS2.VODAHOST.COM)

Magne bra!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

My primary registered domain at vodahost is www.anitainnorway.com My addon domain is www.multifiks.no. Vodahost created www.multifiks.anitainnorway.com. So far everything is working. I set up redirection in Vodahost to point www.multifiks.no to www.multifiks.anitainnorway.com. I did the same on my norwegian webhouse. Have I done everything right so far? This is where I got stuck last time. When I point my browser to www.multifiks.no it shows www.multifiks.anitainnorway.com in the addressfield. And that's what I don't want people to see...
        I looked into changing the DNS on my norwegian webhouse. It gives me 3 options: SOA , A/CNAME and MX. Under SOA I typed my IP-adress on vodahost and then there is showing a txt-field. There I typed: ns3.vodahost.com and ns4.vodahost.com. I don't know if and what I should do with A/CNAME and MX.
        Thanks for the help Vasili! It seems that you have been in Norway before? :)

Comment

Olav?

When you set up your add-on (in the VH cPanel), did you type in multiflix.anitainnorway.com?
          You need to simply go back in, remove the add-on, and re-add it:
          >> Click on tte "Add-On Domains" icon, not the "Sub-Domain" icon in the Control Panel facepage....
          1. first box: multiflix.no
          2. second box: multiflix
          3. User Name
          4. Password

Since your DNS is properly pointed, your domain will now be found as simply as a "part" of your anitainnorway account...not as a sub-domain as you now have it set up.

Yes, I have been to Norway....when I was 16, I spent the whole summer travelling (alone), and i Norge from Bergen to Kristiansand, and visiting family in Drobak and Tofte/Filtvelt.
          An experience very few get a chance to, and one that enriched me forever!

Versa godt!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X