X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain add on, publishing

Hi,
    I'm successkids.info
    I did an add on domain called kicksmart.com.au. Then i went to blue voda and published the kicksmart page (saved as index) and published it to public_html/kicksmart. When i type www.kicksmart.com.au into the address bar. I get the www.successkids.info index page. Help!

Thank you
    Richard

Re: Domain add on, publishing

Its working now. It takes 24 hours or so for domain registrars to catch up to the nameserver registration sometimes.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It might save the forum a lot of questions if the tutorial instructions for creating an ad-on domain name would state that it usually takes 24hrs to take effect. I just created an add-on (emerysfund.com redirected to humnew.com/emery-ball-fund.html ) and hope it will work tomorrow since it sure doesn't now. Glad I found this post!
      HumBird
      www.Humnew.com

Comment

Originally posted by HumBird View Post
        It might save the forum a lot of questions if the tutorial instructions for creating an ad-on domain name would state that it usually takes 24hrs to take effect. I just created an add-on (emerysfund.com redirected to humnew.com/emery-ball-fund.html ) and hope it will work tomorrow since it sure doesn't now. Glad I found this post!
        For an Add-On domain, you must first purchase the new domain name ... you then point the addon domain to voda host servers.

Since emerysfund.com is not an official domain name, nor a purchased domain name, adding this on as a domain will not serve any purpose.

If you are wanting this as a sub domain - subdomains are free. You go to your control panel and add emerysfund as a subdomain .. the url then would be www.emerysfund.humnew.com/

As it looks now, you have built a page, emery-ball-fund and published it to your domain humnew.com

Hope this helps clarify things for you and help you with what you are trying to accomplish for this domain ...

Typically domains propogate immediately when pointing the correct domain to voda servers in the correct manner. However, if you are having a domain transfer, this can take longer.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That explains a lot. thank you!
          HumBird
          www.Humnew.com

Comment

Working...
          X