Add on not publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Add on not publishing

When VH change an account to a different server, they usually link it so that you dont have to bother, but they nearly always inform you with the new server details.................
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
      When VH change an account to a different server, they usually link it so that you dont have to bother, but they nearly always inform you with the new server details.................
      I would have thought that the add on would have then worked with the dns and ip details that I am using for willows. i have done this before with a different site that i once added and there was no issues. i am puzzled why there is now, but perhaps i waited a certain period of time for behind the scenes work (who knows).

Comment

Hi, i know yours is a slightly different problem, but if you do set up an add on domain some other time, you can still publish before anything is pointing at your sever. I just set up an add on domain called Micky mouse & all published fine. I just want the domain name now. LOL
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Hi, i know yours is a slightly different problem, but if you do set up an add on domain some other time, you can still publish before anything is pointing at your sever. I just set up an add on domain called Micky mouse & all published fine. I just want the domain name now. LOL
          I have no idea what is going on. I was on this all hours till 4am. Got up now to take another look and just don't know what it is that is preventing me from doing this. I did the addon as per the tutorial which is actually quite basic so it has got me. I appreciate your help and advise.

Leanne

Comment

Hi again, can you guys please confirm if I am doing this correctly.
            In the publish section it should be for the addon.
            Just want to make sure that I have right details in folder section because the message I get when trying to publish is - can't change directory to public_html/lilyrose: No such file or directory.

lilyrose is the new domain

SERVER IP:
            PASSWORD:
            FOLDER:public_html/lilyrose
            FILES:

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
              Hi Chris, all is good now. I wasn't putting .com.au on the end of my site after the public_html.
              Leanne

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post

Hi David, all is good now. I wasn't putting .com.au on the end of my site after the public_html.
                Leanne

Comment

LOL, glad you are sorted. Its usually something simple.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Well done Leanne, it always pays to step back and review the situation........
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                    X