Domain Name Transfer 60 day rule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Name Transfer 60 day rule?

I had my domain name, www.rockinghammemories.net, with another host since Sept 18 09. I requested a domain name transfer to BlueVoda as I have been using the website builder and paid for the services.

I got the email back with all the info I needed and it said it would probably take from 24 to 72 hours before the transfer was complete. But is the 60 day transfer rule going to apply here....and possibly keep my site from going active until Nov 18?

Re: Domain Name Transfer 60 day rule?

The 60 days transfer rule for transferring from one Registrar to another Registar applies to all new Domain name purchased.

You could point your Domain to your VodaHost hosting account servers allocated to you without any problem and still build and use your domain until the 60 days are up by which time you can then transfer your domain to a different Registrar.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

How do I point my domain name, that is on my older server and host, to Voda server? I have the server address but where do I go to redirect to that? Plus, I noticed as I am building my site already, when I click on links that I have added - which are actually pages on my website - it ask me if I want to open or save that file. This happens when I click on my temporary url file....so, if you tell me how to redirect my old site to this new one, will the files automatically open up like they are supposed to?

Comment

Follow this link and check the Archives.......
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
        X