Domain name registration question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name registration question

Hi, I would like to transfer all my domain name to another registration company and I will be using Vodahost as my web hosting service. How do I go about doing that? And what will happens if I do not have a primary domain name for the /public_html/ directory?
    ~Knute~
    ----------------------------
    Commercial Real Estate Investing Courses on Demand

"Don't tell me what I cannot do"
    - John Locke (Terry O'Quinn from LOST)

Re: Domain name registration question

Check this thread out and it should answer your question.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong. Does this mean that I will have to get a new domain name (for free) if I don't have a primary domain name for my web hosting account with Vodahost?

I own several domain names registered at 3 different domain name registeration company (DNRC) including Vodahost. What I am trying to do is to have all my domains under one DNRC (not at Vodahost) with all their DNS pointed to Vodahost web hosting server.

If I do this, there will be no primary domain name for the public_html directory. Will this be ok or am I require to have a domain name registered at Vodahost in order to have a primary domain name?

I hope that I make sense.
      ~Knute~
      ----------------------------
      Commercial Real Estate Investing Courses on Demand

"Don't tell me what I cannot do"
      - John Locke (Terry O'Quinn from LOST)

Comment

What you are trying to achieve is to have all your domains in one place - Yes?

Once you've moved them, just make sure the name servers are changed to those of VH. Normally they will continue to point to the same host anyway but check.

Your primary domain name nominated for your hosting account WILL NOT CHANGE, just because you are thinking about moving your domain names will not cause any problems. Like I said just make sure name server of this domain is pointing to VH to keep that site live.

As far a the free domain, I don't know, I've never had one. I buy all my domains from a UK registrar. For saking a couple of £ saving, I have all my domains in one place.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Yes you can. In fact, I would recommend the following:

Find a web hosting company you would like and after you sign up they'll give you name servers to set in your registrar. No need to transfer the domain after that.

I did the same thing and they made it pretty seamless. After I signed up I got an auto email with all the information. Plus their rates were very competitive.

Comment

M not getting you exactly.Can you please explain in detail, What do you want to do exactly?

Regards,
            Raicol
            web hosting

Comment

Working...
            X