X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site propagation

Hi there,

I have bought a domain name on Friday 16.04.10. My domain name is www.sealighttranslation.com. When I enter in Google search e.g. sealighttranslation.com, sealight etc. there are no results relevant to my site. It seems that my website does not exist.
    The site is mostly in Greek. I have published 4 of the total 6 pages that the website will contain on the temporary website available for my domain name.

Can you please help me with this problem? Has my site propagated? Or is there some other fault?

Thanks in advance
    Paraskevas

Re: Site propagation

....can take a while to show in the search...
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
      ....can take a while to show in the search...
      Thanks for your answer. But how long can it take? I have taken a look at webmaster tools of google and followed a procedure contained there but the website doesn't seem to be visible by google yet.

I'll have to wait, I guess....

Comment

Congratulations! Your website is live and active on the Net. Πολυ Καλα!

You must understand that since your primary language is in Greek, there may be a slight delay until Google archives the relevancy to the Main System, having to first rely on your local hub to contribute values particular to your "net niche" .... (Google will first attempt to both validate and rank your Greek content by comparing it to some of the other pre-validated Greek sites before it passes your site up to the Main System based in the US for caching and ultimate initial ranking). Katalavenete?

Assitionally, Google bots, spiders, and slurps follow regular cycles, typically in a 28-42 days window, so accordingly, you may have to wait until the new cycle begins anew for your site to be organically visited (once it has been validated). After your site has been visited once, a cached version will appear as a Search result, and if you click on 'Cached Page' you will note the date when it was created --- this is the approximate time each subsequent month you will be re-visited by the SE to capture any updates, changes, or differences from the last cached page version.

Manually submitting to the SE's does not influence the process whatsoever ... due to your site being basically formatted in Greek rather than English (the official language of the Net). Even though you have an English version, it is subordinated, and Google will default to reliance upon a local Greek hub to ascertain the validity of your pages and translations before sending up to the Main System.

It may take a few days, or a couple of weeks for your site to appear in standard Search Results, depending on your position in the que and the timing of the regular automated indexing.

Βασίλη
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Congratulations! Your website is live and active on the Net. Πολυ Καλα!

You must understand that since your primary language is in Greek, there may be a slight delay until Google archives the relevancy to the Main System, having to first rely on your local hub to contribute values particular to your "net niche" .... (Google will first attempt to both validate and rank your Greek content by comparing it to some of the other pre-validated Greek sites before it passes your site up to the Main System based in the US for caching and ultimate initial ranking). Katalavenete?

Assitionally, Google bots, spiders, and slurps follow regular cycles, typically in a 28-42 days window, so accordingly, you may have to wait until the new cycle begins anew for your site to be organically visited (once it has been validated). After your site has been visited once, a cached version will appear as a Search result, and if you click on 'Cached Page' you will note the date when it was created --- this is the approximate time each subsequent month you will be re-visited by the SE to capture any updates, changes, or differences from the last cached page version.

Manually submitting to the SE's does not influence the process whatsoever ... due to your site being basically formatted in Greek rather than English (the official language of the Net). Even though you have an English version, it is subordinated, and Google will default to reliance upon a local Greek hub to ascertain the validity of your pages and translations before sending up to the Main System.

It may take a few days, or a couple of weeks for your site to appear in standard Search Results, depending on your position in the que and the timing of the regular automated indexing.

Βασίλη
          Hi Vasili,

Thank you very much for your answer!

It has been very helpful for me to understand the process of the website indexing by google. Ok, then I will have to wait and after the indexing takes place I will definitely have to consider issues of page ranking in google search or other possible changes necessary.

Thank you again
          Paraskevas

Comment

Παρακαλώ ..... Οποτεδήποτε!

.... and on we go!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X