Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addon Domain not publishing

Hi,
    I've followed the BV video instructions for Addon Domains. I've set the DNS from my Domain service to point to Voda. I've named the home page "index" in lower case. Everything seems to be in order.

But, when I attempt to publish the page (public_html/theglobalavenue) as instructed from the BV Video, I get this... "Error: 550 Can't change directory to public_html/theglobalavenue: No such file or directory.

I've checked in Cpanel, and the addon domain is showing there.

Eventually I tried publishing with .com on the end. So I entered "public_html/theglobalavenue.com", and it publishes!!! but only as a Subdomain, http://www.theglobalavenue.globalinfo4you.com/
    not as the Addon domain I want...
    www.theglobalavenue.com

Video instructions do not mention to add the ".com" in the publish box, so I'm still not sure what's going on since I continue to get an error without the .com designation in the publish box.

Thanks for any Help,
    Ted
    globalinfo4you

Re: Addon Domain not publishing

I can see the new domain OK. A white b/g with some $$$$'s on the left side?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Wow... that Domain was not working for hours. Never recall it taking that long before.

Thank you for your reply!

Question... Do you know if we should always add the ".com" in the publish box when creating Addon Domains or even Subdomains?

The BV Text instructions below thier video is very clear that it is not being used.

Their example is "site2" not "site2.com". This really throws me off when instructions don't match what we're suppose to do. I'm still doubtful of when to apply a designation, and when not to.

Here's the BV copy...

2) When you publish to your new domain name make sure to publish it in its own sub directory

For example; For your main website, you would be publishing to your public_html folder. for your new website. You would publish public_html/site2 folder. You are going to have to manually add /site2
      after the public_html in the below publish box.

Hope you know the answer to this.
      Thanks again,
      Ted

Comment

I have one of the older CPanel (Customer ID # 4259) that does not require the addition of .com
        site2 could mean name.com as that is site2's real name.
        Someone will be along to straighten out that issue.
        In the meantime you could try both ways and see which one works...
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Working...
        X