This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub-Domain on Add-On Domain

I don't know if I worded the title correctly, but here's the deal.

I now have two domains. primarydomain.com, and I purchased addondomain.com last month. I haven't had any problems with it, nor am I confused about the difference between an addon domain and a subdomain.... sort of.

I'm trying to create a subdomain called "client.addondomain.com" but I can't figure out how to do it or where to point the directory.

Where it gets more confusing to me is where I have to create the subdomain name, there's a dropdown menu for me to select either: primarydomain.com, addondomain.com or addondomain.primarydomain.com

Ok. So, I name the Subdomain client and try with all three options that are given, but I don't have the slightest idea where to put the "Document Root." Should it be placed/named as /client inside the primarydomain.com's public_html? Should it be named /addondomain.com/client? Or is there a third option that I am missing?

My addon domain's root folder is located in the primary domain's public_html and it would look like this: public_html/addondomain.com. I assume that the subdomain has to go inside that folder? As a result, my guess is that it would be: public_html/addondomain.com/client(subdomain root). I think I've already done this but the browser comes up blank. (yes, I have made sure it is publishing to the correct directory each time. I've even created the "client" folder inside each of the public_html/ and public_html/addondomain.com.)

This, I believe, is where I'm running into problems. The location/name of the Document Root. Besides that, I just have to figure out how to either name the address and/or set up the proper Redirection for the addon site's subdomain.

I know I'm missing something along the line but I don't know where I derailed. I'm not looking for an alternate route (i.e. addondomain.com/client.html) rather, I'd very much like to be able to create a subdomain called client.addondomain.com.

I have been able to create subdomains from my primary domain without any problems. But it's the addon domain that I'm not understanding correctly.
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: Creating a Subdomain out of an AddOn Domain

In cPanel you'll find the Section Icons to create Add-On Domain and to create Sub-Domain both ... this is where you auto-create either, as the structure is different for both.

If you wish to create the Sub-Domain "client" upon your Add-On Domain, the first step in the automated process is to select from the List provided the "addondomain.com" entry ... the rest is simple.

To publish, it looks like this in the Dialog: public_html/addondomain.com/client/ ..............REFERENCED POST

Don't over-think it, George! And, if stuck, you can always call me to get the answers without waiting!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X