This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unsure how to change DNS

I just purchased an add on domain name www.freegospeltract.org . I don't know which tutorial to look at to learn how to change servers. I don't know where in the client area to go. My main account is with deliveranceminister.com when I change servers do I use 17ns and 18ns that is associated with deliveranceminister.com ? The freegospeltract website does not show up online. I am not able to access the control panel for freegospeltract.org. to see how many uniques visits there are.
    I did do the add on.

Re: not sure of what how to change name servers

1. Your hosting account was established with the PRIMARY DOMAIN (DeliveranceMinister.com) being first and foremost associated with it, thus you will need to add on a new Domain (FreeGospelTract.org) to this hosting account in order to have a separate Directory to publish a new website to ... which is why they are called 'Add-On Domains' .... Tutorial: Creating Add-On Domains in cPanel

2. Once you have properly created the Add-On Domain, you will need to make the proper Nameserver/DNS entry wherever the Domain is parked (usually at the same Registrar or Seller where you purchased it, unless you transferred it to VodaHost or Purchased it through VodaHost which if this is the case, you will need to access the eNom Customer Domain Management Panel -- these details are included on the Invoice you received for the purchase of the domain. If this info is lost, contact Support for updated information).
    Tutorial: How To Make DNS/Nameserver Changes at Popular Registries, Including VodaHost

3. When you publish a BlueVoda created website to this new Add-On Domain (FreeGospelTract.com), you will select the same IP address and use the same User Name and Password that you use for your hosting account's Primary Domain (the Logon info is exactly the same, as it is the same account), making sure that you modify the Directory field from the defaulted blank space "public_html/" to the specifically created "public_html/freegospeltract.com" as this indicates a separate directory (the Add-On) within the single hosting account. Remember to always check this line before publishing to any site, so that you reset it if necessary in order to publish to the proper site and not the wrong one accidentally!
    Useful Post Regarding Add-On Domains, Links, Publishing, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: unsure how to change DNS

Thank you for your help.
      For some reason if you try to access freegospeltracts.org is shows a file. I have successfuly published it and don't understand why it doesn't show.
      I publish to public_html/freegospeltract.org then got a message that it published , but no website. I used lower case for index page. I couldn't find any information on my invoice about where to configure.

Try to find my site on line and maybe we can go from there. I appreciate it!

how do I access the eNom Customer Domain Management Panel , its not on my invoice.

Comment

Re: unsure how to change DNS

Your questions have already been answered in the reply above (Contact Support, if necessary), but it doesn't matter - your www.FreeGospeltract.org website is in fact visible online, so if you cannot see it, likely you just need to refresh your browser so the newly published page can load.

You are obviously having difficulty due to typing in the wrong domain name: you are pluralizing "tract" improperly (review the links you typed above carefully) and have been viewing the Parking Page of www.freegospeltracts.org in error.

THREAD CLOSED
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X