This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Domain Names

I purchased 3 new domain names with GoDaddy.com. I would like for the domain names to be pointed to my existing website. So when someone types in the URL one of the new domain names I want my existing website to show up. I have changed the DNS servers with Godaddy to point to the VodaHost servers. Once I access the control panel in VodaHost I am not sure which domain option to use - Park, add-on, redirect, etc.

Thanks

Re: New Domain Names

Go back to GoDaddy.com and in Domain Manager select the 3 new Domains and instead of directing them to the VodaHost "servers", FORWARD THE DOMAINS to the single pre-existing website by entering that URL only (i.e.: http://www.PreExisitngWebsite.com). This will accomplish the effect to direct all traffic on these new domains to the specific website that already exists: there is nothing to be done on the VodaHost end at all --- you are FORWARDING the Domains only on the GD side.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks so much! I wonder if this will affect my Google ranking? The domains I purchased were "keyword" domains...I read a few articles on-line that sounds like it will.

Comment

No ... Forwarded Domains themselves are not attributed value or SERP position value (Search Engine Results Page position, based on cached page METRIC values) since they do not have an actual website as a destination that is coded according to the Domain URL generating the traffic, nor do they affect your "pre-existing" destination Domain, as it is singularly coded (created) upon the values and relevance attributable to that particular Domain Name (and Metrics). The fact they may be of value by mere Name value if they are normal, Key Words, or compositionally relevant simply is a unique non-cached valuation that may prove beneficial to generate traffic after appearing as an active Domain based on the Keywords entered into a particular Search Querry.
        You are fine.

If, however, you used a 301 Re-Direct (meant only for temporary use, usually in migration of a Domain from one server to another), THEN you would dramatically diminish all organic SE values attributed to the destination Domain, and likely have the originating Domains deleted from the SE cache, as they would eventually determine the 301 Re-Directs to be non-compliant and likely part of a scheme or an element of Black Hat SEO methods.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X