Brand New Emails ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brand New Emails ....

Yep, I got it!! I'm able to send/receive now. Is it "typical" that I'll always have to use my ISP address for smtp?? I'll never be able to use what it calls for, such as mail.haydell.com (what mine said to use as OUTGOING SMTP server initially)??

I'll have to remember to use the ISP'S outgoing SMTP server address at the office, I didn't know that was such a big problem?? And I didn't know it would still work with INCOMING set at mail.haydell.com, and OUTGOING set up as my ISP'S outgoing smtp address??

But anyway, I'm up and running -- this whole POST is good for anyone having issues with "sending/receiving email" so hopefully they'll lock this one or something ....

Thanks for your help!
    Katie

Comment

Originally posted by Bird
      Open Outlook Express again and make these settings

under servers
      my incoming mail server is POP3
      incoming mail (POP3) mail.haydell.com
      outgoing mail (SMPT) mail.aol.com example

incoming mail server
      account name Brenda@haydell.com
      password what you created in addon under Brenda
      check mark remember password
      check mark my server requires authentication

click on Settings
      check mark Log on using
      account name your account name set up by your isp for receiving mail
      password your password you use to receive your email from your isp
      check mark Log on using Secure Password Authentication
      Click OK

then on the Advanced tab
      check mark leave a copy of messages on server

in the cpanel settings for your account you can set up how many days you want to leave on VodaHost server
      Also, if you change your password in the cpanel addon, you must also change it in the outlook express settings.

Hope this helps anyone that may have problems.
      Bird

The only difference between what you've got above and what I SET UP and what I'VE GOT WORKING,
      is that the USERNAME AND PASSWORD is the USERNAME AND PASSWORD THAT YOU SET UP IN YOUR / MY CONTROL PANEL ... NOT the username and password you set up with your ISP because then it won't work to vodahost ..... has to be your USERNAME and PASSWORD that you used to set up / create your email in the control panel ...... the ONLY thing that would change at all MIGHT BE the SMTP SERVER ADDRESS if you're having problems SENDING mail, but the OTHER THINGS REMAIN ALL VODAHOST INFORMATION in there ...... otherwise it will NOT work .....

Katie

Comment

Originally posted by katieC
        The only difference between what you've got above and what I SET UP and what I'VE GOT WORKING,
        is that the USERNAME AND PASSWORD is the USERNAME AND PASSWORD THAT YOU SET UP IN YOUR / MY CONTROL PANEL ... NOT the username and password you set up with your ISP because then it won't work to vodahost ..... has to be your USERNAME and PASSWORD that you used to set up / create your email in the control panel ...... the ONLY thing that would change at all MIGHT BE the SMTP SERVER ADDRESS if you're having problems SENDING mail, but the OTHER THINGS REMAIN ALL VODAHOST INFORMATION in there ...... otherwise it will NOT work .....

Katie
        I believe it has somthing to do with isp secuirty issues. Mine was working fine for about 9 months. Then I stopped getting inquiries about my graphics. Mail undeliverable. I was able to resolve my personal problems the way I stated above. I can now send and receive without logging into the webmail in the cpanel.
        Bird

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/

Comment

Also check to see if you have a dirty IP address

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
            under servers
            my incoming mail server is POP3
            incoming mail (POP3) mail.haydell.com
            outgoing mail (SMPT) mail.aol.com example

is wrong

Try

outgoing mail (SMPT)
            mail.haydell.com

Well, the VodaHost people SAID to do this -- I would NOT have known to do this unless someone told me -- and it worked. Here's what is posted in the knowledgebase .... I hope that if it's wrong, they would take this information DOWN THEN instead of TELL PEOPLE HOW TO FIX THINGS ....

SolutionIf you can receive mail but aren't able to send this means one thing.....

Your internet provider is blocking you from using anyone's outgoing mail servers but their own. Many major ISP's are blocking outgoing emails. The reason they do this is to prevent you from using their internet connection for spamming purposes. You will still be able to send emails, but only by using your ISP'S outgoing mail server. Every ISP's outgoing mail address is different, but for the most part they will be mail.yourispname.com For example, if you had hosting with AOL.com, their outgoing mail server would look like this: mail.aol.com If mail.yourisp.com does not work and you are still unable to send emails, you will need to call your internet service provider to find out what their outgoing mail server is.

Article Details

Also, you'll see in the above posts, that I HAVE CALLED MY ISP to see if they are blocking the port, they are NOT. I've also ALREADY CHECKED MY IP ADDRESS TWICE and it is clean. I've posted all of this already, I'm a bit frustrated that after I fix the problem by doing what vodahost said to do, someone that knows a lot (to me someone I look up to because you ARE completely knowledgeable and I trust your statements - ALL OF THEM) is telling me that it's wrong.

Then would you tell me how to fix this? I've done all of the things that are stated, I've followed your tutorial to a tee - along with your posts, and nothing worked. I had originally SET IT UP AS mail.haydell.com for SMTP AND POP3 .... BUT I COULD NOT SEND OUT EMAIL -- NOW THE TECHNICAL PEOPLE TELL ME TO DO THIS, EVEN SEND A SUPPORT TICKET BACK TO ME ASKING ME IF I'VE TRIED THIS, I FIX IT TO THE WAY THEY SAY TO, AND NOW YOU SAY IT'S WRONG????? What should I tell those people then that told me that this is "RIGHT"?? And how should I fix it? If I go back and change that smtp from my ISP's address, and put it back to yours which is mail.haydell.com, then IT WON'T WORK - I WON'T BE ABLE TO SEND MAIL. So maybe you could check on this for me? I don't know WHAT to do now??? But I pasted the knowledgebase for you above -- if you go to "submit a ticket" and look through the knowledgebase - which is exactly where they must have come up with this (my) problem fix, then you can scroll down to the "Email Questions" and you'll see the problem "I CAN RECEIVE, BUT I CAN'T SEND EMAILS" -- you "click" on that, and you'll see the fix for it (copied and pasted above).

Please advise, because I'll have to REOPEN a ticket to tell them that what they told me was the wrong advice and then keep a ticket open again on them fixing the problem.

Thanks,
            Katie

Comment

Although I guess changing the smtp from mail.haydell.com to smtp.east.cox.net is "wrong", as the technical people told me to try it, it still seems to be working - I tried changing it back to mail.haydell.com for the smtp servers and hope that someday it would work, it didn't -- so I had no choice but to change it back to using the cox.net as the smtp server because we have to be able here and at the office to get our emails .....? I hope this is somewhat acceptable? I hate and don't want to go against what you are telling me, but I don't know what to do here if the ticket-support people are telling me to do this with my mail server, and it works .... is there anything else that you'd suggest? I can always email those people back and tell them that you told me it was wrong and ask them to continue working on it if that's what I should do?? Just let me know and I'll do what I'm supposed to .... Thanks again also.

Katie

Comment

1) If it works stick with it.
                2) Please use the normal default black verdana 2 font when typing support requests. It make it easier on the eyes (For us older folks)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

1) Ok
                  2), I'm sorry for the font, i figured since it was here for us to choose from, we could do just that. I apologize.

Comment

Apology not required

I'm happy things worked out.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X