help with email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help with email

oh it's a cruel world at times isn't it ... ok ...i think i'll go with the gifs, sounds easier, but that means when someone wants to email they would need to copy and paste, I guess that wouldn't be so bad then right, well certainly better than all the spam email ...

thanks again Andy ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye-

Yes it is a cruel world. And- its about to get worse. You see, cut and paste in this instance won't work either. Reason- it is gif, not text. Sorry.

The only real secure way it to have a form that they can fill in their contact info, and hit submit and hte form is processed by a php script. That way- everything is hidden from site. The spamming and avenues to reap peoples e-mail addresses is only going to get worse as time goes on I am afraid. These robot and spider scripts are very sophisticated.

Sorry to burst the bubble. Good news- if you decide to do a php mailto form/script- there is plent of help around here to do it. Additionally- it is much easier for your visitors.

Cheers,

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Or, you can use an email encryption script, like in http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/

which allows you to obfuscate your email address.

You can also link directly to an image using this script.

I always suggest that a site should have at least some contact details. Google hardly trusts you without contact details.
        As for the real contact needs, i agree with Andy: a contact form is better also because you ask your visitor the details you need to know. In a simple email, he may include or not this info.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Wow ... this is great Naval .... the email encruption script, thank you very very much, just tried one to see if I knew what to do and it couldn't be any easier ... so this will solve my problem ... I really really appreciate it ... have a ton of these to change on my pages ... so will be busy doing this ... will be worth it ...

This is perfect!!! I was able to master it!! :)

Thank you Andy & Naval .... you've been a terrific help!! May consider a form on another day, or should I say another week when I have time to attempt that and seek help. :)

Yeah!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Naval and Andy .... this tip really needs to go under tips and tricks .... it's one of the best ... so easy to get rid of a complicated problem ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Me again .... one further question ...

On one page of my site, I have a page that you cannot enter unless you have a password, reason it contains email addys of members who join ... this page is under a lock and key .... are the spammers and bots able to access that page to get those email addresses, should I be changing all those to this format as well, or are they safe because they are locked up??

Thanks again.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

They are safe. Don't worry.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

awe great news ... tks :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X