Error PleaseHelp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Error PleaseHelp!

hmm....changed that still gives me the error message. As I read the error message more clearly it said Socket Error 10060...do you know what that means?

Thanks

Comment

Gotta love Google:

Socket Error # 10060

Analyse: You are on a an ISP (such as Earthlink or Mindspring) that blocks their users using any SMTP server other than their own.

Solutions: To set up Earthlink, Mindspring, or your ISP's SMTP servers for your outgoing email you must click on your account settings in the email client you are using (Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape etc.)

In the SMTP (outgoing mail server) field you will enter smtp.earthlink.net (or whatever your dial up or direct access ISP's SMTP server is) as your SMTP server. You must then enter your Earthlink (or your ISP's) username and password for that mail server.

In Outlook Express it is at the bottom of that same tab. You must uncheck 'My server requires authentication' and click on 'settings' to enter your Earthlink (or your ISP's) username and password.

Your email will still be from your own domain name, the only difference is in the way it is routed throughout the Internet. Instead of being sent through our servers it is processed through Earthlink (or your ISP's) servers. This allows Earthlink (or your ISP) to monitor its users.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

You googled it...lol....okay....i tried that....this is now there error that I receive:

The host 'smtp.onemilliononlineads.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Ads :: OneMillionOnlineAds.com', Server: 'smtp.onemilliononlineads.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Then it's time to start all over again. Delete that account from OE entirely, and start from scratch. There's a mistake in there somewhere, and the odds are excellent that it won't be repeated the second time through.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Do not do the auto create from cPanel, do it by hand.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hmm....still isn't working.

Submitted a Help Ticket

Comment

Generally, you need to use the outgoing mail server for your ISP. So, since I am through shaw cable, I use 'shawmail' as my outgoing mail server for all e-mail accounts, even the ones for Guys Poker Night Out. You should be able to find these settings in any other e-mail addresses you have set up in Outlook Express, or by contacting your ISP. I am fairly sure this is your problem, since you can receive but not send. This is basically what racefan said, but I'm repeating it because clearly a step is being missed somewhere.
                Guys Poker Night Out - Beat your friends at poker

Comment

Originally posted by The Admin
                  Hmm....still isn't working.

Submitted a Help Ticket
                  A support ticket on this topic will just send you back to the forum.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I found out what was wrong. Did it on my own.

Comment

Working...
                    X