This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help with email

You can fix your MX records to them.. but you have to know EXACTLY what you are doing. You first have to CREATE IT in your cpanel. You cant forward or redirect mail that doesnt exist which is what the problem has been, which you didnt clearly state to begin with.

Hosting doesnt do this for you...once the account is set up correctly.. you can then go and change those entries yourself. Please see the cpanel tutorials first so you have an idea of what you are doing and where to change them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I deleted my email and re-set it up using the same name. I followed the tutorials, as instructed. I went to one of my website pages and submitted something as a test. My email address did show that there was a submission. However, the body of the message did not show up. Why is that? What am I missing from the tutorials?

Comment

Where did you check it at? cpanel Webmail? Most likely came as an attatchment.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I can't believe this. Will someone please help me with my email? I have had so much trouble without m requested help, that I would rather someone help me fix my MX Records so that I can retrieve my email through SimpleInternet Site like I had been.

Is there anyone who can help with this?

Comment

Well, I don't know if this will help but...

Today I had to do very similar, this was my first time in doing this and this is what happened.

First I had to contact the email hosting company and they gave me an ip address to direct the MX to.

I went into my Control Panel with VH and pointed the domain's emails to this IP.

Then I had to send an email to Voda support asking them to assign the DNS A record.

They did this for me within 10 minutes and the emails are fine and working.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you. I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilene Jones View Post
                Thank you. I will try that.
                LOL, be careful... It didn't work in the end!
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I can't find where to put the ip address. My hosting company gave me exact instructions to have VH change on my account. I can't get anyone to do it.

So, I deleted the account and re-set it up through VH and I still can't get it to work. I am getting my emails on all but one page. But, that is because I put a note on it that I want an extra copy going to another email account. So, I get the extra copy ok but not the original. That is because I can't get my email account to work.

It has been a couple weeks now and I still can't get any answers on how to fix this. Can you help me?

Comment

Its because you still have changed MX records or email forwarders in effect and you need to clear those all out and start again. You have to look in BOTH places. Most likely, if you cant find it or pay someone to do it then you need to put in for an account reset, and republish your site and start from scratch with the email. If you cant do then pay someone or pay voda host to do it for you. Weve explained all that we can, without physically going into your account and looking.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have asked to pay someone to do it but can't find anyone to do it for pay either. I do not know how to remove any forwards and stuff because I don't know what all I did to try to fix it. I am afraid to keep messing with it since I do not know what I am doing.

I sent in a support ticket for help and they can't help. How do I ask VH to do it if I pay them other than a support ticket?

Comment

Ilene, Go to my website (In my signature) and email me (using an address that I can contact you back on and I will help you. You don't have to pay me.

Comment

Awesome
                          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Ilene please check your emails quicker, I am trying to help you here but it's 1.15am Thank you

Comment

Oh well... Can't say I didn't try...

Comment

You're back.... I responded to your email but getting nothing back? I am trying to help you here and now it's 2am! So if you need this sorted we need to communicate quicker.

Comment

Working...
                                X