Over lapping verbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Over lapping verbage

Its exactly what the problem is with my site. Do you see the overlapping verbage?

Comment

Why not post the screen shots so the folks who are trying to help you can see what you're referencing?
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

If I had saved them, how could I show them to you?
        I wish I had saved them, but my email program, (which isnt BV) gets jammed and I deleted them.

I appologize allstar about the rude comment. It was uncalled for, I didnt aim it at you or mean it to come off the way it did.
        I was frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by tenhats
          Its exactly what the problem is with my site. Do you see the overlapping verbage?
          No I cannot see any overlapping, why not get 1 of your friends to save a screenshot and show us what is happening ??
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I have had this exact same problem with some customers who were viewing my sites. I have several computers here and will cross check everything I can with different browsers on different systems and everything will be fine and dandy..until....

Someone emails me and tells me that they can't read my site and that all of the text is jumbled and over lapping. It doesn't happen to everyone but enough that it is hurting my business.

A buddy of mine called me to let me know that my pages are messed up and that this happens when he is viewing the page with the TEXT SIZE INCREASED in the browser (View>Text Size>Increase) I went and checked my sites and tried this and he was right! I think if you are using the text box to add the text that this will happen when someone has their browser setting set to increase the font size for easier reading. the fonts move because there is't enough room inside of the text box that you have created. I experimented with dragging the right edge of the text box and making it larger and that seemed to help a bit but if my text is spaced close together it would still mess it all up.

I am going to try using tables for all of my text to see if that does indeed help. I use a ton of just single text blocks all over the page and may be the tables will help.

Does anyone have any idea what the default font size should be? I do all of my sites based on a #10 for regular text but a friend of mine told me that 12 is the normal size..Any ideas anyone?
            Affordable Medical Insurance
            Discount Dental Plan
            Washington State Health Insurance
            Temporary Health Insurance
            Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
            X