No announcement yet.

Mozilla Firefox vs Internet Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven H. Only 2 websites don't work in FF, I can't remember their urls now becouse it's late here (4.40 am), must do that later today. Nice to meet you too.
    Pablo, so you are a microsoft programmer? I can't really discuss about anything right now, all I can think of is bed.

Comment

You people are boring me...Smitttttttttttthers!!!!!!

Comment

don't be rude monty, or I will ban you AGAIN!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Downloaded Firefox - Recycle Bin Compatable

Not trying to be funny, but I actually took the time to download firefox. I was very excited to finally use it. To me its very much like opera or opera is very much like it. It is a decent piece of software, but the problems firefox had when loading some websites were too much for me. I guess as long as it loads "quality" websites, or websites designed to be used with the vast majority of browsers, it works great, but there are websites that were designed before firefox so a lot of them aren't firefox compatable. I don't think too many people are going to re-create a huge site if they don't have to, just to have it readable in firefox. I trashed the software, I will download it again when they do a nice upgrade. I am sure in a couple of years they will have made a much better browser that can support multiple sites because I know that until people make sites for explorer AND firefox, there will continue to be problems.

The "Identify as Explorer" option in Opera works very good (which tries to Imitate Explorer) and I only have had a few problems with certain sites that see opera as an incompatable browser. All the sites Firefox couldn't load, loaded well in Opera. but when designing I have viewing problems with both browsers.

I just really hated that Firefox let me down, but when your browsing sites one tells you to download "Netscape".. somethings wrong.
          Bluevoda Website
          www.bluevodaxtra.com

Comment

Finally someone agrees.

My hat goes off to you.
            ::Steven.H::

Comment

I also downloaded firefox some time ago. I love the tabbed browsing, mainly because I tend to open and surf through 5 or 6 IE windows, however... Some of my favorite sites had off and on problems with it. It doesn't live up to the hype that they boast on the forum. I did however, keep the Thunderbird email client. I absolutely love it. As far as I'm concerned, Thunderbird did a good job of replacing Outlook. Yes, they are constantly finding problems with IE, but turn your automatic updates on, and you'll never have an issue. Of course, you can go back and forth with this issue all month long, but it just boils down to this:

Just like Intel cpu's vs. AMD: Everyone is going to have their preferrence. There's good and bad for both, but in some cases the bad can be tolerated if the good is that much better for your use.

Comment

Re: Mozilla Firefox vs Internet Explorer

Firefox is no good!
                I used firefox for a while, I also installed my phpBB2 forum when using it.
                Noone on any other browser could log in, pain!!!!
                So I uninstalled fixefox, and uninstalled phpBB2. Then I installed the smf to see if it works! And you cant log in, just the same problem as phpBB2.
                I used my dads computer to install phpBB2 once uninstalling smf. It worked.. for about 1 day, then the next day it didnt work on anyones computer, I presume it would still work on firefox!

Anyone know how to help? Im setting up my business and although this is a gaming forum I would like to be setting up my business forum TODAY!!!!
                I have all the graphics designed for my busioness one and its holding me back.
                Does anyone know how to fix this?
                Look at http://bigguns.dwat-worldwide.com/forum
                My shole site is just a dummy for now, so dont take any interest in the homw page :)

Dan
                My Site:
                www.dwat-worldwide.com
                Fathers Site: (With help from me)
                www.redbackreeds.com

Comment

What's wrong with it?
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                    What's wrong with it?
                    Have a go at registering, then try to log in.
                    You enter your user name and password and the page just refreshes itself basically.
                    My Site:
                    www.dwat-worldwide.com
                    Fathers Site: (With help from me)
                    www.redbackreeds.com

Comment

Oh, that's a cookie issue. You need to go get this: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=228741
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X