Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RunTime Error! (In IE)

Originally posted by Vasili
    Already "detected & repaired" Outlook, re-loaded Office, Restored to 3 different points......
    Thanks, Beth.
    General VodaHost has provided a fix that might prove to be the key, so as soon as I get into the office, I will humbly follow his gracious instructions.

I keep telling everyone that there a reasons beyond explanation why I VodaHost remains my Preferred Provider, and how they are the epitome of excellence. Being offered a solution in this way is another small demonstration of the character that I value so highly, in both individuals and especially Partnerships.

There's Magic in VodaLand!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Simple Solution: Experienced users Only. To take the Run Time Error away so it don't pop up no more. Unfortunatly, this has nothing to do with your site. Or VodaHost. This is a service pack 2 issue or Windows Update issue. Something they need to take away from on windows update. Below are directions.
      Click on your "Start"
      Click on "Run"
      Box pops up-
      Type "msconfig"
      Another box pops up. Click on the "Service" Tab
      Scroll down and un-check. "Error Reporting Service" now click on hide microsoft services. Scroll down and see if you see same there. If not. Your good to go. Apply the changes. Re-boot computer. When computer is done re-booting. A box will appear that you have made changes. Bottom left hand has a small checkbox. Check it and your good to go. Hope this helps. Word of Caution. Don't start unchecking everything. That part will not cause your computer to stop working. Error reporting will not pop up no more.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Went through the motions on Thursday via Microsoft to no avail.
        SP2 & 3 apparently still have some "familial dysfunction" to work out, and now that MS is gearing up to hurriedly patch Vista before release, I doubt there will be any further development, as Sadin mentioned.

Your reply is certainly worthy for others to copy into their "Tips & Tricks" book though, I thank you for your contribution!!
        ;)

Comment

Hi Vassily,

It may be that you are leaking ram and you now notice the problem due to uploading a new program that has lefy you low on ram.

Try running this program (Dr.Samans)) which will find you more memory,its worth a try and as I have used myself then should not create a problem that sustem restore will not fix.

You will find Dr.Salmans programme at http://www.vicman.net/lib/wasted.htm

just download and run the section to increase memory,worth a try.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for your input, Liam!

I should give it a go before Thursday, I suppose....(the appointed day before I jam the RAM and give it to the Geeks to tweak, so to speak! LOL)

Yours is another to copy into the "Tips & Tricks" book, and rates as another fine contribution to VodaLand.

And on we go ....

Comment

Working...
            X