Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having a small problem with my sound music on my web pages..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Having a small problem with my sound music on my web pages..

Hello Mandy and anyone else who might be able to help....

Mandy I think you stumbled on my problem. I did have a mono speaker system when I origionally created these pages. Now I have a stero system I bought a few days ago as far as speakers go. If it has to do with concverting the files from mono to stero, how do I do this? I did try to reinsert a couple of the music to a one or two pages and that didn't work.

Do I need to do something in the control panel of BlueVoda to correct the problem? I don't know how to convert files and I'm not sure what you are talking about. It sounds easy to someone who is computer literate but to someone who doesn't know much about computers, it sounds complicated so please explain step by step how to convert the files from a mono to stereo format. It sounds like that "might" be why I can't get my pages to produce sound anymore.

Terri

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I may never get this question answered as to how to convert files from a mono to sereo format if that is the reason why I can't hear my songs from my computer on line... since no one has replied.... yet I can't hold me back on creating more web pages espically where hydrocephalus is concerned. I'm finding more research on this topic daily and more new people are joining hydrocephalus support groups on line asking questions and even those who have had this condition all their lives don't know some what what I'm finding out either.... so I owe it to them to get this info out.... I just hope even if I can't hear the music, I'll still add music to each new page I create.... I may never be able to hear the music again if no one steps forward to explain how to convert files from mono to stereo format.... though I really would despertly like to find out.... will someone help? In the meantime, I'm going to create the new pages anyway with sound.... at:

www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus

even if I can never hear the music again myself on my own system again....

Terri

Comment

Hi Terri, sorry for the delay... your in the US and Im in Oz, so we sleep at different times... lol.

Now, that link you provided in your last post has got sound and it is stereo... did you do anything different? And can you hear the music on your computer?
        I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

Terri, as for converting the files, I have certain music programs that will do this, but they are not free programs. I'm not sure of any programs that are free downloads that will do this job, but if it is aparent that this needs to be done, I am happy to do it for you.

Comment

Hello,

I would appreciate it if you could do this for me. As far as these music programs though... since I want to create more pages and do quite a few more pages in the future and just keep on going, I'm going to have to buy a music program. How much do these cost? How hard are they to use once they are purchased? If they are too hard to use, I'll just forget it or if they are too expensive. Should I just go back to the mono speakers? To be honest, that sounds like the best solution to the whole thing.....

What do you think? I got rid of my mono speakers though.......

I spent a lot of money to but the stero speakers I have now.

If it isn't too much trouble and you have the time to do it, I would really appreciate it if you could just convert my files of the pages I have done. Then can you go ahead and e-mail me at www.terrilynnspencer@charter.net as to where to purchase these music programs... how much they can cost and how they work... or if it might be too complicated for me to use them?

I plan to create a lot more web pages than what I have posted now!

Thank you so much!

Terri

P.S... If you are willing to convert the files of the pages I already have... will you do a sample one of one page when you get a chance and let me know via e-mail or here in this thread that you have done it and which page you did it to so I can test it to see if I can hear the music just to make sure that this is the true problem?

Thanks ever so much!.....

Terri

Comment

There is an adjustment within your own sound on your own computer to change from mono and stereo ... have you gone to control panel, sounds, etc., to see about adjusting this there??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Terri, I don't believe you need to change your speakers, especially if you can hear audio in other websites.

Firstly can you please click this link and tell me if you can hear the audio... go half way down the page and you will see a media player, press play... http://www.aussierewards.com/adverti...e/example.html

Please tell me if you heard the audio...

Comment

Terri, I have checked every page, and the audio files are in stereo... being midifiles you are not likely to find any that have been recorded as mono.

How are you placing the audio file into your web page?

Comment

Terri, I have to go for a while... after checking through all of your pages, I am satisfied that the audio files are good, there is nothing wrong there. If others can hear these files but you cannot, that only leaves one explanation... there is a setting on your computer that needs to be tweaked.

If you can be patient and go through step by step, people on here may be able to help you fix the problem.

First step: Please let me know if you could hear the audio on the link I gave you.

Comment

Hello Mandy,

That audio file you gave me to test to see if I could hear it, yes I could. Now, what do I do next?

Terri

P.S. I need step by step instructions on what you all are talking about with lots of detail because I am dyslexic and not good and understanding computers very well!

Even though I can hear that audio you sent me as a test, I still can't hear anything from my speakers. I wish I had just kept my mono speaker system. All of the songs I used in BlueVoda were and are midi files. I download and upload them like I think they are supposed to be uploaded correctly to make them work espeically if others can hear them on their systems and I can't.

What step is next??

Thanks for the help and any and all help that can be given!!

Terri

Comment

Terri....

Despite the testing, and re-testing......I didn't pick up whether or not your HD plays music or not.....(either CD's or stored files).... if so, obviously your speakers work....and not your online connections.

Try setting your IE browser back to all "default" settings.....and you may wish to download the free AOL browser, just for the heck of it (it's got a great auto-scan feature with it to always assure you of no spy or malware getting through during your online sessions). It comes in handy to check load times, and other reasons too....

Then, try Andy's suggestion to re-configure you online hookup to a more "direct" manner, bypassing the router and hard-wiring your computer straight into the cable connection. Use both IE and the newly AOL browser to test your connecton, and sound.

Everyone kind enough to test your sites flatly states that your sound plays for them (despite all different connectons, computers, sound systems, etc.), and if you can play a CD or a music file from your hard drive, then the speakers are set up fine >>> again, it is your online connection!

Not willing to step in between you two (his reply to my first post was a good indicator that his insistance it was a VodaHost problem made me take a step back), you should now see it logically as a connection challenge on your end, right?

Again, good to see you back on the block, and that you are already feeling much spiffier!
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Terri, that's great that you can hear the file... this tells us there is nothing wrong with your speakers.
                          So far we know there is nothing wrong with your audio files on your website and there is nothing wrong with your speakers.

The file I got you to listen to was a .mp3, now I want you to try this link with a midifile http://www.aussierewards.com/Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends (Karaoke).mid this will tell us if there is a setting within your computer that needs to be fixed. I will help you with this by a process of elimination. Please try the link above, and tell me what happens.

Comment

Just a tip .... if you are using IE7 ... many users are finding that music files are really really taking a long time to load .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                              Just a tip .... if you are using IE7 ... many users are finding that music files are really really taking a long time to load .....
                              I'm using IE7, and I have not come across that problem... maybe there is other factors effecting those people.

Comment

Originally posted by MandyN
                                I'm using IE7, and I have not come across that problem... maybe there is other factors effecting those people.

I agree Mandy, and users are all experiencing different problems, what may be a problem for you, might not be a problem for me and vice versa ... it's all a mess if you ask me .... and just trouble for people with their sites ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                                X