Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with Accessing?

Thanks Bethers,

I just tried that, it didn't solve this problem, but I have updated all my java now.

I just installed the firefox browser and guess what, I can get into the admin now. So what does this mean? IE Glitch?

Comment

Try deleting your IE cache and do a disk clean up, there is probably a jammed file on your hard drive or a cookie that didnt download right, now that youve explained deeper.

Comment

I suspect you're seeing two unrelated problems.

The forum issue is most likely a cookie issue - this is very common with php based forums. I've seen it often enough that we actually have a direct link to a cookie fix for our board at dobmembersclub.com for people who experience problems at first.

I'm curious as to why you went the route you did for this forum. The basic phpBB board available through Fantastico is much more user friendly than the one you're using and it's easier to get help here if you're running phpBB. I saw your mention of not knowing how to code, but you don't really need to know how to code to run a phpBB forum. Just a thought, but I think you'd find life easier with this solution.

Good luck on getting it all straightened out, I know it's frustrating.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
          i would down load avast its free and can run alongside your zonalarms also try to change the settings in i.e to accept all cookies if that hasnt been suggested just to acces that site as some sites im a mmebr of wont let me in cos of my security settings to high lower everything

yes avast will find any virus better than zone and also spy ware
          Thanks Allstars, I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadain
            Try deleting your IE cache and do a disk clean up, there is probably a jammed file on your hard drive or a cookie that didnt download right, now that youve explained deeper.
            Hi Sadain,

I did what you said there, first time for all of that, so I'm sure this was a good thing, same with the java advice Beth gave. All good advice, thank-you.

No go though, I still cannot access the admin through IE.

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
              I suspect you're seeing two unrelated problems.

The forum issue is most likely a cookie issue - this is very common with php based forums. I've seen it often enough that we actually have a direct link to a cookie fix for our board at dobmembersclub.com for people who experience problems at first.

I'm curious as to why you went the route you did for this forum. The basic phpBB board available through Fantastico is much more user friendly than the one you're using and it's easier to get help here if you're running phpBB. I saw your mention of not knowing how to code, but you don't really need to know how to code to run a phpBB forum. Just a thought, but I think you'd find life easier with this solution.

Good luck on getting it all straightened out, I know it's frustrating.
              Hi Race,

A direct link for a cookie fix? Is this something I could use or is it just for your forum?

The other forums, one was set up for me awhile ago, just getting back to it now, and it didn't work, so I made a new one with a different "host" if that is what you call it, to see if that was the problem, but no go. Then I made another one after all the changes, ie: cleaning out securities, cache, etc. I only want one. I looked at Fantastico......and I have been reading on the boards here about making a forum, to be completely honest here, it confused me right from the get go, and I thought I would just be a pain in the b*** to everybody. I don't even know what the forum style looks like, (no visual)

Turns out that I'm having problems with this one, and being a pain anyway. I have a friend who is going to try and walk-me-through the fantastico set-up today, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for your response.

Comment

CL-
                Are you connecting via a router? Cabled or Wireless?

Also- Please list the programs that are currently installed on your computer:
                Anti-virus
                Spam blockers
                Fire walls

Also- how are you deleting your temp internet files? Do you use the Clean-up cleaner? CCleaner? Or do you simply delete them via the Tools>Internet options> etc...................?

Additionally- I can't remember if you had tried the Fire Fox browser on this computer?

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
                  CL-
                  Are you connecting via a router? Cabled or Wireless?

Also- Please list the programs that are currently installed on your computer:
                  Anti-virus
                  Spam blockers
                  Fire walls

Also- how are you deleting your temp internet files? Do you use the Clean-up cleaner? CCleaner? Or do you simply delete them via the Tools>Internet options> etc...................?

Additionally- I can't remember if you had tried the Fire Fox browser on this computer?

Andy
                  Hi Andy,

My main computer (the one I am having problems with) is connected through cable.

Currently installed:

System Mechanic 6
                  AVG Anti-virus
                  Lavasoft Ad-Aware spyware
                  Zone Alarm Firewall
                  Clean Cache

I have uninstalled:

Freedom Security (which included everything)
                  Spyware Doctor
                  SpectorPro
                  Spybot Search & Destroy

I cleaned the internet temp files both ways........

I downloaded the Firefox browser that you & Holly suggested and I was able to access my forum and properly access the admin functions, thank-you, at least now I can modify the forum with my computer, still no go with IE6, is there a fix for this?

Comment

Might want to download and install IE7 or uninstall IE6 and then re-install. Something is stuck in there that might only get fixed by in-install/install or go to IE7.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Would anybody be able to tell me what the best method is to uninstall IE6, and would anybody have a link to a new download for IE6? I have been looking and I am unable to find a proper download. I would like to stay away from IE7, as everybody seems to be having problems with it and I don't need anymore. Thanks again, Andy.

Thanks

Robyn

Comment

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...1/default.mspx
                        Liz
                        www.sebastopolparty.com
                        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

and, BTW, I love IE&, and haven't had any trouble as yet. But it sounds like I might be in the minority?
                          Liz
                          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Thanks Liz, I think that is what I am going to end up doing, nice to hear that you like it, makes it a bit more comfortable for me, and thanks for the link.

Robyn

Comment

I find it really sweet. Takesslight getting used to, but te whole tabbing thing is really convenient, and choosing a default search and having it right accessable is nice, too.
                              Still learning.
                              Liz
                              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich
                                I find it really sweet. Takesslight getting used to, but te whole tabbing thing is really convenient, and choosing a default search and having it right accessable is nice, too.
                                Still learning.
                                Hi Liz,

Thanks for everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X